Cancer Community
Bile Duct Cancer End Stages?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Bile Duct Cancer End Stages?

My mom is clearly in the end stages of bile duct cancer. She had a resection a year ago and the cancer mass in the left lobe of her liver is 5.5cm. What is the average size of this side of the liver? Also what can I expect in the coming weeks. She is on morphine and in alot of pain. She can get out of bed when she needs to but is more comfortable laying flat. Not being familiar with cancer, I just need to know what signs I should look for to call my brother and sister in from out of town....before she's on her death bed. Thank you for your help
My mother is in the late stages if alzheimers.  About 5 weeks ago she had an ERCP where they inserted a stint into a tumor (benign) in her bile duct.  She is already starting to show signs of jaundice and we have elected to not have another ERCP.  Can anyone tell me what we can expect if the bile duct becomes totally blocked??  Will she throw up, not be able to eat or drink?  We want to do the right thing for her and are feeling very guilty by not having another ERCP but have been advised the risk would outweigh the benefit...