Cancer Expert Forum
Black Dots

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Black Dots
I found s black dot on my  foot and my hand. It has been there for a while. It does not stand up from the skin.  It actually looks like someone put a dot from a black pen.  Can you tell me what this is?
The tiny black spots which have been there for a while are most likely benign moles. However, it is best if a dermatologist takes a look at them.
All the best, and God Bless!
Mine do not appear to be "mole-like" at all. It really resembles a black ink pen dot on my hand and one on my foot.  They have been there for years so is it safe to assume that since they lie dormant that it is nothing to worry about or do you think I definitely should have them checked out?
They are very unlikely to be anything alarming. However, you would probably be reassured if a dermatologist said the same thing after examining them!
Good Luck!
A related discussion, Unusual black hair was started.