Cancer Expert Forum
Black Dots
About This Forum:

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Black Dots

I found s black dot on my  foot and my hand. It has been there for a while. It does not stand up from the skin.  It actually looks like someone put a dot from a black pen.  Can you tell me what this is?
Related Discussions
322973_tn?1239908038
Hi,
The tiny black spots which have been there for a while are most likely benign moles. However, it is best if a dermatologist takes a look at them.
All the best, and God Bless!
3 Comments
Blank
Mine do not appear to be "mole-like" at all. It really resembles a black ink pen dot on my hand and one on my foot.  They have been there for years so is it safe to assume that since they lie dormant that it is nothing to worry about or do you think I definitely should have them checked out?
Blank
322973_tn?1239908038
Hi,
They are very unlikely to be anything alarming. However, you would probably be reassured if a dermatologist said the same thing after examining them!
Good Luck!
Blank
A related discussion, Unusual black hair was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank