Bladder nodules
I am 52 yrs old with problems with my bladder/right kidney for the last 3-4 mos. The pain is in 2 places. 1 in lower right kidney in back & also lower right front. the pain in front is a throbing pain at times. Dr. checked urine 3 mos ago & said there was blood in urine. I suggested it might be a stone, but ct showed no stones. After antibiotics and another medicine that turned my urine orangish, I started feeling a little better. Then one morning after I urinated, I felt a burning in urethra area after I emptied bladder.with having to urinate many times a day for several days and nightsbefore I could get to my doctor. The pain was so bad while at work, I couldn't hardly sit, so I had to leave work! Also in the last months I haven't been able to control bladder. Went back to Dr. & she gave me same antibiotic but stronger (ciprofloxan 500mg tabs). She also gave me 2 weeks of VESIcare to help me with overactive bladder. She mentioned nodules in bladder. She also found a lot of blood in urine again. She knows I'm a smoker & said that I could get bladder cancer because of smoking. Told me to take both meds & to call in 2 weeks to get more labs done. 1 other thing is I went to a dentist who gave me amoxicilin for infection on July 19th, thinking that is the reason for the bladder infection. She didn't think so because it was too long before it started up again. My Question is does this sound like the same course of action you would take? Also can you explain what nodules in bladder are? Thanks so much for any advise you can give me!
Just to let you know, I have gotten prescriptions from my doctor for Chantix to stop smoking.