Cancer Community
Bleeding and scared

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Bleeding and scared

I am 53 and on Simvastatin 20mg nightly, plus two 81mg aspirin, one in the AM and one in the PM.  I am experiencing rectal bleeding sporatically; sometimes enough to be alarmed and other times just toiletpaper streaking.  I have no pain or discomfort.  I have noticed that my bum feels a bit swollen during these episodes. Over the last two days in addition to the bleeding, I have no energy? Any ideas?
I had ulcerated proximal rectal tumor and also have hemorroid.  For anal and distal rectal tumors, you can feel it if you put a clean finger into your anus.  The bleeding from distal rectal and sigmoid tumors present very differently - my tumor bleeding looked like small tiny blood clot embedded in the top surface of the stool (btw, with any rectal tumor, your stool shape will change and show a grove line; also usu. there's a feeling of unable to empty the bowl that makes you keep wanting to go for #2).  My hemorroid bleeding is fresh blood. It sometimes tainted toilet paper, sometimes dripped into toilet with the stool, but nothing "sticking to" or inside the stool.  Hemorroid shouldn't be painful.  I suspect you had an anal fissure which can present as pain triggered by defecation and persists afterwards.  Sitz bath with epsom salt and OTC prep-H usu. helps.  So that's where I would start if I ere you.  In any event, you are over 50, have you had your colonoscopy screening yet?  If not, get obe for yourself to ease your worry.