Aa
A
A
Close
Bleeding and scared
I am 53 and on Simvastatin 20mg nightly, plus two 81mg aspirin, one in the AM and one in the PM.  I am experiencing rectal bleeding sporatically; sometimes enough to be alarmed and other times just toiletpaper streaking.  I have no pain or discomfort.  I have noticed that my bum feels a bit swollen during these episodes. Over the last two days in addition to the bleeding, I have no energy? Any ideas?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1806721 tn?1388096157
I had ulcerated proximal rectal tumor and also have hemorroid.  For anal and distal rectal tumors, you can feel it if you put a clean finger into your anus.  The bleeding from distal rectal and sigmoid tumors present very differently - my tumor bleeding looked like small tiny blood clot embedded in the top surface of the stool (btw, with any rectal tumor, your stool shape will change and show a grove line; also usu. there's a feeling of unable to empty the bowl that makes you keep wanting to go for #2).  My hemorroid bleeding is fresh blood. It sometimes tainted toilet paper, sometimes dripped into toilet with the stool, but nothing "sticking to" or inside the stool.  Hemorroid shouldn't be painful.  I suspect you had an anal fissure which can present as pain triggered by defecation and persists afterwards.  Sitz bath with epsom salt and OTC prep-H usu. helps.  So that's where I would start if I ere you.  In any event, you are over 50, have you had your colonoscopy screening yet?  If not, get obe for yourself to ease your worry.
Comment
Cancel
1806721 tn?1388096157
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
Top Cancer Answerers
Blank
Grreatful