Cancer Community
Bleeding when taking a poo - could this lead to cancer?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleeding when taking a poo - could this lead to cancer?

Hi 22M here,

About two months ago, I experienced for the first time bright red blood on the toilet paper  when I took a ****. I did a bit of research on the internet and found that it was because my poo was hard and this was perhaps causing a tear. I started to drink more water and within a week the bleeding stopped. Just today though, I found that the same bright red blood appeared again, this time on the toilet bowl and the tissue well. However the poo itself was not hard at all and I didnt feel any pain. Could this be another problem, anyone have any advice what to do...I want to only go the doctors as a last resort...

Thanks in advance
Tags: Blood, taking, poo