Cancer Community
Bleeding when taking a poo - could this lead to cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Hi 22M here,

About two months ago, I experienced for the first time bright red blood on the toilet paper  when I took a ****. I did a bit of research on the internet and found that it was because my poo was hard and this was perhaps causing a tear. I started to drink more water and within a week the bleeding stopped. Just today though, I found that the same bright red blood appeared again, this time on the toilet bowl and the tissue well. However the poo itself was not hard at all and I didnt feel any pain. Could this be another problem, anyone have any advice what to do...I want to only go the doctors as a last resort...

Thanks in advance
Tags: Blood, taking, poo
It sounds like a case of hemorrhoids.  If you have no blood in your stools, the most likely culprit is hemorrhoids.  You can buy Preparation H ointment over the counter and try using it.  If it works, then that is proabably what it is.  If not, I would see a doctor.  Good Luck!!