Cancer Community
Bone Mets

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Bone Mets

Do fractures in bones containing Bone Mets increase the spread of the cancer cells?
I understand where you are coming from. It used to be believed that patients with Osteosarcome (a bone cancer) who present with fracture are less likely to be cured than those Osteosarcoma patients without fracture.
Thankfully, even those with fractures are still candidates for cure.

The point here is that the risk of cancer spreading is pretty much a function of the cancer itself.

Consider the scenario of a patient who complains of back pain and weakness of the legs. The patient is found to have lung cancer with a fracture on a bone metastasis on the spine. In this scenario, the disease already has a capacity to spread, the bone metastasis and the fracture are merely evidence of dissemination more than an avenue for the cancer to spread itself.
hi this only a kid parents let me do this... but my leg started to hurt since noon or before noon im sure but im wondering could that mean anything bad? if so tell who should i go to and i could ask my parents to check this leg out...

jaz  p.s. would a painful leg mean a growth spirt? or what.. please answer my questions