Cancer Community
Breast cancer question
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Breast cancer question

I have completed breast cancer treament-chemotherapy, lumpectomy, and radiation in May, 2012.  Things have been going well until a week or so ago when I carried packages around the mall for a few hours and my left side-arm, shoulder and torso became sore.  I didn't worry too much- that was my treatment side but I had done something to make it sore.

Fast forward to today.  I was dressing in front of the mirror and can see the outline of what appears to be a vein (?) and feels like a vein, a thick one,  that sort of outlines the outer part of my rib cage.   i don't have a matching vein I can find on the other side so I'm scared.

I'm hoping and praying it could be some sort of delayed reaction to the radiation but I'm scared the cancer has come back-or maybe never even completely left.  I did have a pathological complete response and it just seems too soon to be worrying about a recurrence.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank