Cancer Community
Bump on Lower Leg Bone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Bump on Lower Leg Bone

I saw a doctor two weeks ago about a bump on my lower leg bone that had developed during basketball season.  After having an x-ray of my leg,  the doctor determined that it was either a stress fracture, osteoid osteoma, or osteoblastoma.  He said that the x-ray appears to show a healing bone in a very common area where stress fractures occur, but there is a slight darkish area in the center.  The types of tumor he mentioned are benign.

He told me to take aspirin, and although the pain has declined, I am worried that it could be osteosarcoma, even though he said he was confident that it isn't.

Do you think I should have further testing done?

The pain doesn't really hurt more at night, but it will sometimes hurt with no activity.
I haven't had shin splints before this year, which would be the cause of a stress fracture in this area of my lower right leg.

Thanks for all replies.