CML, Gleevec, and hi Creatine Kinease Level
I am 43 and was diagnosed with CML in 2006.  CML is in pharmaceutically induced remission as long as I take 400 mg of Gleevec daily & my body responds well to it.  One of the side effects of Gleevec is muscular cramping, which I continue to have a lot of difficulty with.  About 6 months ago, the chronic level of muscular pain increased and has not subsided.  In addition, I'm experiencing hardening of the muscles in my lower legs and forearms, weakness upon standing or walking, and swelling in legs and feet,  My oncologist does not believe this is due to the side effects of the Gleevec & told me to see my Gen Practitioner, who has done a battery of tests and ruled out rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, etc.  Have had Echocardiogram of heart and doppler of lower extremities - everything's fine.  I am currently seeing a neuromuscular specialist who is equally confused.  During all this time, I continue to have my blood drawn regularly and continue to see my creatine kinease level increase (currently at 488).  

Question:  could the high level of creatine kinease be due to the drug Gleevec that I have been taking for the past 3 years??