CT scan Neck/Head Multiple bright spots, lymph nodes swollen +9months
I went to the Dr for swollen lymph nodes and I was sent out for a stat CT scan with contrast b/c of my history.  (swollen +9 months, irregular nodes, hard, no infection/illness)  I was not able to get in with my Dr. until mid this week.  His staff told me that my CT results show masses in my lymph nodes, but that is all they can tell me over the phone.  I picked up my scans and it is glowing with bright spots.  Does anyone know if it is normal to see lots of bright spots in a CT with contrast of the neck?  I already know something is not right from what she told me.  Then I went to my Fam Dr. to try to get answers and the nurse was holding my report that was 3/4 of a page long with diagnosis, but said she could not tell me till my P-doc signed off on it.  What she did not know is, I could see enough to know he signed off on it, so what are they not telling me.  I am terrified.  I am going nuts waiting for mid week to come.  Has anyone had anything similar?
Waiting can never be easy. I have heard that only the doctor who gave the tests are able to give their information You might just call back and ask for the doctor to call you.  I have done this and I have talked with the doctor over the phone.  I was told I have breast cancer over the phone.  There is a wonderful doctor here who might give you more info.

Just relax.  Had to wait about a month until I found out it was cancer.  I had a lot of tests and then begged for the doctor to just remove the lump and it was cancer.  However almost a year later - I am just the same person and I would like to think a better person!

I now have a lump and hot lymph nodes in chest and lung.  Found another lump or swollen lymph node under arm this weekend.  I have to wait until Monday for CT and tests.  It's scary and you need to trust your doctors.  Get a second opionion if needed.  However, don't worry and read all the bad cancer stories.  Even if it is bad - you might have caught it early that is better. Just focus on the things that you love.
It's the middle of the week, did you have your visit?  It's very concerning to have spots light up on CT...

Enoch Choi, MD
I had my appt.  I do not know what to think.  I had one Dr. tell me I had masses in my lymph nodes, and another say everything was fine.  Very confuseing times right now.  :(
So what are you doing now?  Call the one that was not worried and tell him what your other doctor thought.  Share the name so both doctors can talk.  If I was you I'd stick with the one that was worried.  I think the more testing you can do the better.  Did he want to do a lymph node biopsy?

When I found my BC lump one doctor told me not to worry and I was too young and the lump was not the BC type of lump.  One doctor told me to worry and we tested more and it was BC.  

Do what feels right and not to worry until you know what it is!
Amy's got the right idea, get more testing from the one that's worried

Enoch Choi, MD