Cancer Expert Forum
CTC/CT Results
About This Forum:

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CTC/CT Results

Hi Doctor.  You said that the enlarged lymph nodes in the mesocolon is probably not due to cancer.  But of course should be monitered.  
The concern or the impression from the radiologist was as follows:  Mural thickening, luminal narrowing and hyperemia are in keeping with on going diverticulitis, presence of adenopathy is concerning and biopsy of this segment is advised.  There were no other focal colonic leasions.  
The scan in Dec 2008 also indicated some enlarged lymph nodes.  Couple questions.  Can the enlarged nodes i.e 7-8mm in short axis be due to the progression of diverticular disease.  I understand that inflammatory changes in the sigmoid mesolcolon has been seen on the last couple CT's, which as i understand it is in keeping with the diseases progression as well.  Given there were not other lesions is it possible that the enlarged nodes are due to Lymphoma.  Or because this doesn't seem to have grown much in the last 7 months, not likely.