Cancer Community
Can a brain tumour cause anxiety?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Can a brain tumour cause anxiety?

I will begin by admitting how terrified I am that I have a brain tumour! I have had a continuous dull headache for two weeks now and no amount of medication seems to shift it. It seems to be worse in the morning, and I have a really stiff neck. Its there all day and worse when I do exercise or bend over. Im also pretty sure my vision is getting worse, although I went to the opticians who seem to think my eye sight is virtually perfect. The pain is tight around my head, and occasionally its tight accross the nose. Please help im terrified!!!! I have been to the doctors twice who say it is anxiety (which it may be) but at 13, im 24 now I fractured my skull so any headache worries me but this is different to my usual headaches. Now im not sure whether my anxiety is the "change in personality" symptom of a tumour or if anxiety is causing me to believe I have one? PLEASE HELP IM SO SCARED! .