Cancer Community
Can you pop cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Can you pop cancer?

Hello, I have had a small bump under my breast I thought nothing of until tonight. I assumed it was a pale mole, and I've had it for years. I noticed it had gotten larger and when I looked closely, saw it had come to a head. I squeezed and got a lot of gunk out. Whitish and pretty solid. Is it possible to actually pop something cancerous, or should I assume it's a pimple that's gotten aggravated by my new bras that fit right on top of it? Thank you!
I don't think its a tumor...
I agree......You can t pop cancer it's probably just a pimple.You are alright...
Hi.

While it is sometimes very tempting to "pop" a mass, it should never be done because of the risk of infections.

The lump could probably have been a cyst. You should still have it checked out, especially since you manipulated it. Consult a physician to evaluate your condition.