Cancer Community
Cancer or Mucocele

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Cancer or Mucocele

I am 21 years old, I chewed tobacco for a little less than few years quitting for a few weeks every couple months or so. I recently quit in the middle of August and noticed a small semi circle lump under the skin of my lower lip. It isn't visibly noticeable but i can feel it with my tongue, fingers and teeth. Recently I've noticed more in the same are that are the same size and some on the other side of my lip that are much smaller. My guess is they came about after biting the area where the first lump I noticed was. My lips have started to become very dry also I have had shortness of breath and alot of mucous in my throat for the past two weeks, hoarse/muffled voice and a cough (it is not a constant cough though).

Is it possible that these problems are related? I've read about mucocele but never anything about them being deep under the skin, could it be that?

I've researched oral cancers, I don't have a constant sore throat, I have not seen any signs of Leukoplakia visible inside my mouth or on my lips, I am not having any trouble swallowing, and the lower lip seems to be the only area with problems aside from the hoarse voice and thick mucous in the back of my throat.

This discussion is related to could this be cancer.