Cancer Community
Cervical Cancer/Penis Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Cervical Cancer/Penis Cancer

I know a certain strain of hpv causes cervical cancer, so is it more likely to get penis cancer if your partner has/had cervical cancer?  Is there any relation to cervical cancer in the amount of cases of penis cancer that occur each year in the US?
Unlikely I would say - never heard of a man getting penial cancer from cervical cancer.
HPV has been known to also contribute to the development of penile cancer very VERY rarely. Penile cancer in the united states runs about 1 in 100,000 men.  and almost always in uncircumcised individuals. and only 2 or 3 high risk strains carry these unlikely risks. due to the nature of penile tissue compared to cervical tissue it is much less likely to occur. This to me indicates that you have no symptoms of any sort and are just worrying yourself over something you might have read. so just relax =)