Cancer Community
Cervical Mass Tissue Bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Cervical Mass Tissue Bleeding

I have had ongoing blood flow for 1 month (some light and some heavy) - I would think my period was over and have sex.  I would begin bleeding bright red blood immediately.  I have had non-stop bleeding for 2 weeks solid at this time - but no more sex.  I visited my doctors office last week and was prescribed provera and was scheduled for an ultrasound.  The ultrasound did not show signs of problems according to my doctor with my ovaries -- we had a visit today.  However, she did a pelvic exam and discovered a large mass of tissue on my cervix. Apparently too large for her to get a full view of my uterus.  She removed some tissue from the mass, also fluid from my cervix and performed a pap all to be sent to the lab.  The results from the tissue sample should be in tomorrow.  Medications that I have been taking for more than 3 months:  Lexapro 20 mg, B12 shots weekly, and Phendimetrazine for weight loss.  I have dropped over 25 pounds since May and I am now I am closer to my healthier weight of 140 (I am 5 6 and 38 -- mother of 3).  Do you think this is a polyp, uterine fibroid, Overgrowth of the uterin lining, or cyst?  Do you think it could be anything else?  If any do you think I should decide to have a hysterectamy?