Cancer Community
Chest or Breast Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chest or Breast Pain

Hi All
About 10 days ago, a pain came up suddenly in my chest (breast?).  Basically the pain/discomfort came up quite suddenly and I was merely sitted comfortably.  Right hand side, quite localised, breast area, 3 inches to the left of my right nipple (not quite stenum area) and 1 inch up.  The pain feels like it is external (I am not certain though as pain/discomfort is hard to describe!), like after someone has hit me in that spot. My movement of the right arm/hand is not restricted. I cannot feel any lumps or swellings.

After 10 days, the discomfort is still there.  Went to the doctor the 2nd day, and he gave me some Fastum gel to rub on it and some anti-inflammatory pills to take. He believes it is muscular because he says my breathing was ok and no other symptoms. Unfortunately it did not help as the pain and discomfort is still there. It has not gone worse but still there.

Should I get an Xray done? Xray taken 2 1/2 years ago was ok. Lung cancer marker in blood test done 3 months ago also in normal range. What are the early symptoms for lung cancer? I am male, 56 next birthday. Non smoker but smoked for 1 year at University about 38 years ago.