Cancer Community
Cin11 treatment and anal issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Cin11 treatment and anal issues

Hello there for years i have had abnormal cells on my cervix that progressed to cin1 and now to cin11 i have had many colposcopys and biopsies and 3 weeks ago i had under GA a LLETZ to which i was told they had took all the cin11 and the margins were good that they got it all.  Since the op i have had a terrible infection including a urine infection i had 3 lots of antibiotics i also told my gp i had rectal pain and now 2 weeks on since the antibiotics everything cleared except the issues with my rectum.  Theres nothing there to see but i have pain sitting down, very sharp pain passing stools, bleeding, utter discomfort at night effecting my sleep... bowel movements are now 1 in 3 days which is unusal... and for a few months my weight has decreased quite a lot.  i have been told may be internal hemeroids / piles which i have never had but its litrally 4 days since having the LLETZ this has all happened.  is it likely this is the case? i have also been told you can get the cells up the rectum and things can spread i dont know what to do and am in discomfort and am concerned i dont really want people poking round up there :o( can anyone advise me....

incase it helps i have 3 children youngest will be 1 on the 12th feb and i did have a bad tear during labour but it did not break into the anal wall but slightly on the skin leading to the anas which was stitched. (2nd degree almost 3rd)
not really suffered from constipation.  and stools are not constipated of late but pain is still the same.  i also have pcos.

not sure if someone can advise me would appriciate it thanks
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Complications of LLETZ treatment usually include bleeding and pain, which usually resolve after a few days. The rectal pain could be caused by a variety of issues including hemorrhoids and it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation.  Hot sitz bath and pain medications may help provide relief. Take care and do keep us posted,