Cancer Community
Circular, Hard, Insensitive Lump under skin between neck and shoulder??...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Circular, Hard, Insensitive Lump under skin between neck and shoulder???

Hi, I am 18 and earlier this month I noticed a (large marble?) sized lump seemingly where the neck meets the shoulder. It is under my skin completely; i can stretch the skin above it just like any other part of my body. It is hard, circular, and seems to have no feeling. I can move it around, much more forward and backward than right to left.

I discovered this when I was at the physical therapist for a rotator cuff injury (both are on the right side). My therapist said it may be a muscle spasm but I'm skeptical. I have heard that cysts can arise out of chronic inflammation. Considering my age, is cancer at all likely?

hey, I don't know if you ever found out what that lump on your neck/shoulder was, but if you did, what was it? I have one too, right where the neck meets the shoulder, but have not ever had any injury. Anyway, i hope evrerything is okay now.
I'm also curious, as I have one on my shoulder and I've been doing zero physical activity. :S
Hi im 19 and experiencing the same thing in between my neck and shoulder area. The lump feels like ball.. I can feel its spherical shape and can move it around. Ita not painful, but if anything comes in contact, i can feel some pain. What is it?