Colon cancer
Have a friend that is about 82.  He had surgery fop or colon cancer about two years ago.  He has been on some type of Chemo and oral meds since.  Was told on one CAT scan, it was stable.  Last CAT scan showed rumors had gotten bigger.  I don't have many details.
The doctor has stopped the Chemo and Cancer meds.  Said he discussed it with some board and no other treatment suggested.
I find this hard to believe!  Can't they do surgery again to remove the rumors?  There must be some other drug or treatment.
He us home but is just feeling weaker and weaker.
He has been going to Sharp in Chula Vista, Ca
More to help other readers than to provide an answer:  you have typo "rumors" twice, which I concluded was intended to be "tumors".

I have frequent colonoscopies due to a high production of polyps - this began at about the age of 60.  In fact I had at least three colonoscopies in one year to remove upper polyps (or one large polyp) and the doctor needed to take care not to break through the colon wall (best I can remember as to why he didn't do it on one surgery).  I was lucky the large growth/polyp (is a cancerous polyp a tumor?) was benign.  I had colonoscopies every year then for two or three years, each year polyps were removed.  I now have one every three years (I think that is a limit set by Medicare for screening) and every year polyps are removed, none have been large or cancerous.

So, does this experience suggest an answer?  It would be my guess tumors can always be removed if the removal itself doesn't damage something else so badly that that damage is worse than the tumor - cure worse than the disease.  
Just to revisit my story, a large upper colon polyp in my case took three surgeries to remove it safely.
Thanks, Jerry
Sorry about the typos, on the iPad.
I am just not understanding why the doc is saying no other treatments available.