Colon tumor Surgery
My mom just had a tumor removed from her colon.  The tumor is not cancerous.  After surgery she was doing great for two days and then all of a sudden she began vomiting.  We thought there was an obstruction but she is now having BM regularly.  She has been vomiting for three days now.  They removed her pain medication yesterday thinking that it was making her sick.  Last night they also finally but the tube down her to suck the fluids out.  I was just wondering if you had any suggestion on what might be going on.  
Hi.
Is she already on diet?
She may be having ileus as the cause of vomiting.  Immediately after surgery, normal intestinal peristalsis is lost.
I agree with the decision to insert a tube (probably a nasogastric tube or an orogastric tube) so as to rest the bowel.  I would suggest to put her on NPO (nothing per orem).
However, other causes of vomiting should be investigated.
Good luck.
My mother has the same problem.  She had the right side of colon removed last Tuesday due to a tumor.  The doctor also removed her appendix and it was all done laproscopic.  She began belching immediately after surgery and was given nausea medication during her hospital stay.  After 5 days in the hospital and a perscription of Percacet, she was released into my care.  That night she became very ill and began to vomit a dark green substance.  Fearing it was a reaction to the pain medication, she quit taking it and has not had any since.  I took her to the ER and they scanned her for a blockage.  Nothing was found and she was again released - this time with a perscription for nausea.  I was again up with her all night.  She was still sick to her stomach and her heart rate was in the upper 90's.  The next morning she had a bowl movement and the nausea subsided a little.  For the next 5 hours she had uncontrollable diarrhea (up to 15 times or more) and could no longer make it to the bathroom.  I called her surgeon and he suggested she come back to the hospital.  She is there now.  Tests have concluded there is no infection of bacteria, she is not running a fever, she is still nausous and has severe diarrhea and dehydration.  The diarrhea is very acidic smelling - like nothing I have ever smelt.  The doctors, at this point, do not know what is wrong.  Please, can you offer any suggestions or ideas????