Cancer Expert Forum
Complex cyst & Endometrium & Myometrium Heterogeneuos
About This Forum:

MedHelp's International Cancer forum. Questions related to Cancer will be answered by a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Complex cyst & Endometrium & Myometrium Heterogeneuos

Can some please explain to me what all these means..
I went in for this ultrasound & have a biopsy scheduled for a possible endometrium polyp that was found 3 years ago while under going a work up for a complete pelvic floor prolapse. I lost my insurance  back then and just got insurance recently and was starting my work for repair. My ultrasound 3 yrs ago only showed the possible polyp. I am 36 year old I have a family history of female cancers.

TRANSABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND

Uterus is 9.3 cm in length x 4.3 cm transverse. The Edometrium measures appx. 1.2 cm in thickness. This should be more accurately evaluated and measured on the endovaginal images. No discrete myometrial abnormality was demonstrated on the transabdominal images.

The right ovary was normal in size. The is a cystic structure present measuring appx 2.2 cm

Left ovary not seen

ENDOVAGINAL ULTRASOUND

The endometrium measures appx. 1.1 cm in thickness. There is some heterogeneous internal echotexture. No asymmetric vascularity is seen. There is a mild heterogeneous echotexture to the myometrium and scattered vascularity., but no discrete mass is identified. The cervix has a few nabothain cysts.

The right ovary is 2.5 x2.7x2.5 cm. There is a 1.5 x1.8 x1.8 cm cyst. it has slightly thicken walls and some rim vascularity. No definite internal vascularity is seen.

Left ovary is not seen.

There is a tiny amount of free fluid within the pelvis.

IMPRESSION
1. The endometrium is 1.1 cm in thickness. It has heterogeneous internal echotexture with no discrete mass identified.
2. The myometrium is also heterogeneous in appearance without a discrete fibroid identified.
3. A 1.8 cm right ovarian cyst is slightly complex with thick walls and mild rim enhancement. No internal septations or asymmetric nodularity is seen.
4. The left ovary was not seen by either transabdominal or endovaginal imaging.