Cancer Community
Concerned about blood test results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Concerned about blood test results

I recently went to my Dr. with concerns about fatigue, headaches, weight loss and body aches, being uncomfortable. I thought it may be due to low iron. He stated he wanted to run tests because it may be a thyroid problem. My first tests showed high WBC, high granulocyte, high neutrophile, low lymphocytes, low monocytes, low ALTA and low potassium. All other levels were in normal range.  He stated he wanted to check my levels again so within 2 weeks I had two blood tests done. The second test showed the same results but the high levels got higher and lows lower. He seemed concerned and stated he was. He referred me to a hematologist/cancer specialist. I am worried if may be leukemia due to my symptoms and my maternal grandmother having it. I don't want to panic but I am very nervous. Can someone give me some insight to what else it could be please. I know it could be some kind of infection but I have no symptoms pointing to a specific one and my Dr. stated it's most likely not an infection due to my numbers on the blood tests
It could be something autoimmune and there is an array of autoimmune disorders.  It doesn't sound infectious to me either.  
Thank you.
Please keep us posted.  
Went to the specialist on the 11th. May be CML. (chronic myeloid leukemia) :( tests ran. Will know on the 25th when I go back. Hopefully it's not that. Some symptoms have got worse. Migraine and pains and now nausea.
Well, hopefully it is not.  Did you get a bone marrow aspirate done?  

Well, if it is CML, thank God it is not AML, which is worse.  No cancer is the best situation though.  

Let me know what you find out.  All the best to you dear.  :)  
No he said they normally don't do them anymore because new testing of the blood can tell you what it is. So I don't know what's going to happen. I go back on the 25th so hopefully everything is ok. The blood test he took at the office said my WBC count went down but my granulocyte count went higher... My grandmother had this when I was a child and she said that her WBC count fluctuated. Back then they did bone marrow testing and the spinals to tell. All I do is pray. I'll be 26 in May and I'm scared of what this means for my son. He's my everything. I will keep you posted.  
They normally don't do bone marrow aspirates anymore?  Hmmm?  What kind of "blood testing" is he doing?
Dear Nicole, can you please tell me what is your WBC count exactly? And please do not panic, as for every disease there is a cure. I found that out approx 9 years ago, after having to go thru hell with Doctors while my Mom was sick, so i turned to Alternative Medicine and much to my surprise, i found many medical miracles which has helped me and my Mom quite a bit. I need to know if the answer to your problem is to boost your Immune system or to stimulate your blood circulation, and then i can give you some very effective advice. Please keep me posted, and if you want to communicate directly ob email, mine is ***@****. All the best
Yes I agree they don't do bone marrow biopsy?!  I had a bone marrow biopsy last year.