Constant shaking
2 /12 years agao my step-father began having stroke-like symptoms. He lost his balance, stopped walking, began choking when swallowing, etc.

He went to 2 different neurologists, both id MRI's and neither found anything. Both had the same conclusion, its degenerative, one said maybe hereutary, go home and die.

Last month, he began having swelling in his face and arms. He had a chest x-ray and found a lump. He was diagnosed with Small-cell lung cancer. It has not spread and they have treated it with radiation and 2-cycles of chemo. He is in great hands at Hoag Hospital and the cancer has responded well to therapy.

Apparently, his earlier symptoms were a result of proteins and antibodies produced from the tumor attacking the brain ( I can't find the name the doctors gave us). It occurs in 1% of cancer patients. From what we have read and have been told, the symptoms should decrease as the tumor is treated. They have gotten worse... Currently, my step-dads head and hands shake constantly. The only time it calms done is when he gets a blood transfusions (result of a bleeding ulcer). The doctors have tested his blood for the existance of the proteins and it was negative. They put him on a dialysis machine to clean his blood and we have yet to see any results.

From what we know, this is very rare and has not been seen by any of the doctors that have seen him.

Has anyone seen this and can offer insight?
My name is george,i have been shaking my head constantly since when i was born.please i want to know everything about my defect.