Cancer Community
Could it be cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Could it be cancer?

I just started here at MedHelp, and I am concerned about something. I am 14 years old. Occassionally I have gone to the bathroom and noticed blood on the toilet paper and sometimes in the water after making a bowel movement. I'm not sure if blood is actually in the stool or just in the water, though. Also, there is a very small bump on the back of my neck, that is like I said very small and completely painless. I'm scared. Could this mean cancer?
Only a doctor could say for sure... but, I don't see a connection between a bump on the back of your neck and what sounds like a bloody stool. That bloody stool could be an indication of an inflamed hemorrhoid. But, like I said... a doctor would be able to explain the bump on your neck and the bloody stool. I don't think that the two are related.
And, I doubt that Cancer is an issue... but, see a doctor to be on the safe side.