Cancer Community
Could this be throat cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Could this be throat cancer?

I have a red polyp like bump on my tonsil and it won't go away. It started with a sore throat but now the sore throat is gone and it's still there. I also get throat pain sporadically through my throat but it isn't sore. I do get really bad tonsil stones so a couple of weeks ago I took a q-tip and tried to pick them all out. I'm not sure if it's related to that incident at all. The red spot is painless and I'm not sure if it's cancerous. I went to a health clinic and the physician said they had no idea what it was so they tested me for strep and it came back negative. I also get odd sensations in my lymph nodes. Does this sound cancerous? What type of doctor would specialize in this type of issue?
Hi!
Since you suffer from tonsil stones and removed them, in all probability the polyp developed because of removal of tonsil stone. Polyps can also develop in people who suffer from chronic tonsillitis. The treatment is usually surgery. This is a benign lesion. However, it can cause recurrent infection and may undergo cancerous change. You need to show this to an Ear Nose and Throat specialist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.