Cancer Community
Cyst removal after effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Cyst removal after effects

I recently had a cyst removed from my left armpit, this was roughly 2.5 weeks ago. The stitches are still in on the wound and the actual cut itself appears to be healing fine as I rarely feel any pain from that. However, since then I've been noticing a sharp pain that runs down the inner side of my bicep down to my wrist. If I extend my arm the pain sharpens, it hurts more the closer it gets to my armpit, further down my arm the pain weakens quite a bit.

I can't recreate this pain every time I extend my arm and the pain level overall varies from hour to hour. Still it's bothering me quite a bit and the surgeon didnt seem to have a clue what could cause it when I mentioned it in my followup to the surgery. Any insights into what this could be caused by would be most appreciated.

Thank You