Cancer Community
DLBCL after Radiation! Can side effects harm Thyroid gland?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

DLBCL after Radiation! Can side effects harm Thyroid gland?

DLBCL after Radiation! Can side effect harm thyroid gland ?
by pepaiva, Oct 12, 2009 05:21AM
Thank you for answers an post preliminary!
I have one question relevent with Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma. This is diagnosis of my husband. She was put in december 2008. Since december to may 2009 he is in chemotherapy + Mabthera. (8 infuses) than in june follow 15 procedures of Radiation. I forgot to say that lymphoma is in Neck. After that treatment now in september follow scintigraphy.the doctor fix. that his thyroid gland wasn`t normal and they don`t know is that Lymphom symptomps or is side effect of Radiation?!?!? And must do some laboratory examination of thyroid hormones...but I`m so worried because  we live in Bulgaria, there no PET-CT and I don`t know what to do.....and I`m not sure is exam of thyroid gland without PET will be qualitative....please help, give me advice ...what to do.
Thank you!!!!

This discussion is related to Diffuse large B- cell lymphoma.