Cancer Community
Daily Headaches After Visiting Africa

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Daily Headaches After Visiting Africa

Ever since I went to Africa (Rwanda specifically) almost 3 years ago, I have been dealing with headaches that do not go away. I wake up every morning with a headache and go to bed every night with one and the only thing that changes is the intensity of the pain. The symptoms include a heat sensation, inward pressure, slight dizziness, and two cases of vertigo since they started. The headaches started almost 2 weeks into my trip and I have seen numerous doctors (2 neurologists, vision doctors, physical therapists, primary care physicians, ect).

No one could tell me anything except that my neck seemed to be tight. I have had blood work, MRI's, and catscans.  I have tried various migrane (migraine) medications, watching and changing my diet, consistent exercise, ice, heat, acupuncture once, physical therapy and currently take a low dose of nortiptylene, which helps only a little (not enough to make a big difference). Someone recently suggested that I get tested for brain parasites and at this point, I am willing to look into anything!
Maybe I've seen too many scary programs on the Discovery channel, but have you seen an infectious disease specialist or parasitologist?
That is something I have not yet tried. Recently, I have been reading up on parasites and a lot of my symptoms seem to be in line with parasitic infections. Thank you for the suggestion.
Start doing this everyday to get to the underlying problem of headache.Within 2 weeks, you will notice a difference.I will post more techniques later to build your immunity, after watching your progress.Try to drink warm water and plenty of it.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.