Dilatition of the Renal System
I do not know what section to ask this question,but I need help.  I have Ovarian Cancer, been off and and chemo, Now off chemo, my CAT runs in the 90, for the last year, pelvic & abdomen scan showed no growth, so been off chemo for a year. My question=Today the nurse called and said by CTScan of the Abdomen showed Dilation of the Renal System. I do not know what this mean,please help.

What symptoms are you having at this point?
Dilatation of the renal system on CT scan can possibly indicate acute renal failure or hydronephrosis of kidneys. Acute renal failure can occur as a result of an abdominal malignancy like ovarian cancer.
It is very difficult to tell the exact diagnosis without examination and other tests.
Please schedule an appointment with your treating doctor and undergo a complete clinical evaluation. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. The only symptoms I have is back pain,leg pain and a little swelling in the feet. I have ovarian cancer, which has been stable for a year without chemo. I have already had total abdominal hysterectomy,both ovarian out,also appendix out..I had a bone scan about 4 months ago for leg pain, it should arthritis. So recently I had a CTof pelvic-showed stable, CTscan of abdomen which showed dilatitin of renal system, but no mass was seen.Also had a bone scan. I have a appointment with my doctor July 17,2008.Thanks for your information, because I thought about not going now, because by husband has to have surgery on in legs, which is another story. So, I will go to my appointment. Again thanks.