Discolored Mole
My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. Lately I have noticed quite a few new enlarged freckles popping up here and there. Not too worried about it, I had a passing " I should have my moles checked due to this recent development" thought, hadn't made the appointment, and then read an article in my Shape magazine about melanoma and diagnoses in the early 20's, etc. Taking note of the coincidence, I have made an appointment with a dermatologist at my hospital, as of yesterday. Last night, I asked my husband to take a picture of a mole that I've had on my back for as long as I can remember, maybe since birth? Mainly to make sure that it looked ok. Well, it actually looks worse than I thought it was going to, so now I'm worried, and have no patience. My appointment is for the 21st of this month, and I know that there is probably going to be no sifnificant change between here and then, but I have lost sleep over this issue. I do not know how to post a picture on this forum, so I will try to explain it, but I would like to have someone look at this pic asap. The mole itself actually looks almost like a brain, kind of bubbly. The color is dark brown on one edge, lightening to skin color at the other end. It is slightly bigger than a pencil eraser, and on the left side it looks like there's almost a new growth of bubbly mole coming out of it. The borders aren't horribly uneven, except for the new growth. What does this sound like, is there an demail that I can send the picture to, and please be honest with me. Either way, I will sleep easier at least having an idea. Thank you.
I have no info for you on the mole but you can probably post the pic by hosting it at photobucket.com or tinypics.com (you dont have to register at tinypics i think) then post the pic like this  [img]then paste the url here[/img]   im not sure if i put the /  in the right place but anyway when you host the pic they will give you a url with the [img] tags already on it. Just copy that and paste it in your post
http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallDetail.asp?photoID=3830022

Here is the url to use to be able to look at the picture of the mole. Thank you for your help.
It looks very similar to something I had and I had it removed as it grew and extra bit just like yours.  It grew it after I injured the mole (a child knocked it and it bled and bled then grew a light pink bit.) It was diagnosed as a papaloma wart if I recall correctly.

Try not to worry, it doesn't look like any melanoma I've seen on the net and believe me I've looked at lots.

Do mention it next time you see a doctor but don't stress.
Hi, I have a "mole"/beauty mark over my right lip that I have had
since birth.  I am in my fifties now and this mole became discolored
about 4-5 years ago.  I went to the dermatologist and she said it was
fine, that discoloration just happens sometimes.  When I feel it with my finger, I can still feel it there. I have lots of moles on my body and I have never worried, nor will I every worry about them!
My question is: does anyone know if I can dye it without any dire consequences?  I like my "beauty mark"!  It has been a part of my face, a part of me all my life.  I was thinking of using something natural: henna  or natural hair dye.   I was even considering having it "tatooed" when I go do my lips and eyebrows.  
Anybody know what might be best???  Thanks you one and all in advance!  Cathy
No photos found
I am also looking up information on discolored moles too, I am not a doctor so I don't want to give an opinion, but you should read this information from  Skincancer.org.

Good luck,

http://www.skincancer.org/the-abcdes-of-melanoma.html?gclid=COjf2cGCs54CFRDFsgodegiQlg

jd