Cancer Community
Dizziness, fatigue, insomina - brain cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I have been experiencing some scary symptoms for several weeks now. I've seen two different doctors, the first one twice a week apart. The first gave me Ativan for managing anxiety. The second has gone along with that original diagnosis and also said that my symptoms could be from allergies, recommending Claritin in the morning and Zantac and Benadryl at night to deal with my sleeping disturbances. In addition, if these didn't work, he gave me Lexapro to deal with anxiety.

On to the symptoms:

It all started with a feeling of dizziness, almost lightheadedness. It wasn't the kind of dizziness that would make me fall; it was maybe more like disorientation.

Anyway, it has progressed. This original symptoms continued when I tried to sleep. I would have a hard time falling asleep and then would wake up several times in the night, sometimes panicked. Also, sometimes as I was falling asleep, I would jerk and wake myself up; I would also be scared because this seemed like something that shouldn't happen. It would take me a long time to get back to sleep when I woke up in the middle of the night.

New symptoms include feeling drowsy during the day, like the feeling one gets when just waking up except for a long time. This was sometimes accompanied by some big amounts of yawning. Also, this drowsiness combined with/caused a kind of brain fog, a feeling of detachment from everything around me that made it hard to focus.

Sometimes it feels like there's pressure in my sinuses, sometimes in the top of my head; sometimes the pressure is on the left or right side of my head, sort of a headache.

Finally, sometimes I shake, sometimes different muscles scattered around my body twitch a little (fasciculations).

I must add that there have been days when I have felt almost normal, and some days where I have felt pretty good most of the time.

I started taking the Lexapro yesterday, 5 mg a day. Oddly enough, I have started to feel hopeless and emotionally blunted over about that same period of time.

This is affecting my ability to do my work properly; I'm 20 years old, living with my parents for the summer. My parents are unmoved by my symptoms and tell me to try to overcome it, but it's hard when I am worried I might have a brain tumor. I haven't wanted to go to work, and I just don't feel like myself.

Also, I get an extremely tired feeling but unable to sleep due to dizziness. Another bad symptom; I haven't gotten a good night of sleep in a long time.

Finally, I just have a general feeling of ill health.

I'm worried that this could be a brain tumor, though everyone around me insists it's just anxiety (mixed with allergies?) I'm scared and I don't feel good at all. What should I do?
This isn't consistent with common brain tumor symptoms.  Brain tumors typically manifest themselves through seizures or other neurological symptoms, such as weakness on one side of the body, altered behavior, or through progressively worse headaches accompanied by vomiting.  

Sounds like you may have some sinus issues, which can cause lightheaded feelings and fatigue, so visit your GP or an ENT and get examined.  An ENT will likely order a sinus CT scan.
Thanks for the response.  It's a weight off my shoulders to hear this.  My only problem with the sinus explanation is that I have no runny/stuffy nose that normally accompanies my allergies.  If these problems persist I will definitely need to schedule the CT scan though... regardless of their cause, they're pretty debilitating.
Slim chance. You and I share the same symptoms somewhat. I haven't been able to get a good nights rest since a dear friend of mine died over six months ago. Along with living with alot of stress or anxiety (from personal issues or worrying over this, I worried over a heart condition), it just makes things worse. Your worrying is what's causing alot of your problems. Chin up and you'll feel better.
I have similar symptom and worrying about the same thing. I have painless pressure on the top of my head. Consistanly feeling tired, fatigue, and drowsy from 10am - 3 pm. I feel cold and jittery around 9-11 am everyda. Food seemed to help. I never had this symptom before.  At night I'm fine. I can run for 3 mile and do some weight lifting just fine. I am waking up from my own loud snore. In the morning, my throat hurt and my mouth dry. The lightheadedness is exactly what you have felt. It started 6 weeks ago after a long-long air travel overseas and some scary flight moments. The next day, I told my wife that I feel lightheadedness and somewhat disoriented. I checked by BP, and it was slightly elevated but still OK. I thought it was "Jet Lag", but I never had this kind of Jet Lag before. One night I was afraid to go to sleep, because I felt like I was going to fall when I fall aslep ( does this make sense). This sympton is gone now, but feeling drowsy and lightheadedness are still constant. Recently done my physcal and did CBC. All were normal, except some dehydrations and slightly elevated blood Co2 level. Dr. ordered sleep O2 monitor which I will be doing it tomorrow. I too worried about my heart, because I'm struggling to keep my triglyceride normal. Now that the allergy season is high, it is getting much worse. I'm pretty sure I had sinus infection yesterday, but now the thick green mucus is gone.  

I too wanting to do Brain/Sinus Scan. I had sinus surgery 10 years ago
Kinsrow
Hi, after reading your post it almost sounds to me like you may have sleep apnea. The way you described your snoring and then the lack of oxygen and all of the yawning along with the lack of sleep. I think it might be a good idea to get a sleep study done. I have had one and its not painful at all, all they do is hook you up to a ton of different wires. I felt like a puppet. Then you sleep. They record everything that goes on while you are sleeping and the wires measure and record you level of sleep and all sorts of things. I do not have sleep apnea, but I also do not get the deep sleep REM I believe they call it. That is the level where your body is supposed to rest and the muscles can recover after the day, but as I said due to me having fibromyalgia, I do not get that so I feel tired, worn out, weak, and like I got the **** beat outta me at night all the time.

If you decide to get the sleep study, keep us posted on what you find out. Have a nice day.
Glad to know I'm not alone. Recently, I have been having dizzy spells throughout my week. The spells would come for a split second and end just as quickly. Monday morning I woke up with a headache, but, I was also dizzy, not to mention, shaking. I knew that this was not normal, so I called my doctor to set up an appointment immediately. My doctors ran test and I haven't gotten results yet, but, I hope that all is well. My sister had her Bachelorette party on this past Saturday, which consisted of alcohol. I'm not a drinker, and I am wondering if the alcohol has something to do with the dizziness and shaking. Does anyone have a clue?
i feel the same way Oh My God!!!! Finally someone else who is going through the same stuff i have the same symptoms only difference is i have been to 3 doctors and i took a neurological test and got a A+ and I'm only 20 Anyone think what my problem is I Too is lightheaded all the time and i have pressure in the back of my head and in the front  And when i lay down on my back it gets worse I'm  Having Anxiety everyday ....BUT I HAVE bad allergies and anxiety so i dunno any one can tell me
I think dehydration, allergies or blood sugar problems can cause any of the symptoms. I have low blood sugar, and it causes me to not sleep if it gets too low. I also have chronic sinus problems, most likely due to environmental allergies. If your ears are blocked at all because of sinus issues, it can really make you feel dizzy and lightheaded.
Not toscare you but my 29 yr old bro. had exact symptoms for 6 months - finally went to MD and CAT scan done - He did have a brain tumor - stage 3 malignant - has had surgery- radiation and chemo.  Oncologist says 3 yrs to live.  He has done very well though - Go get your scan - You will feel better - What is there to lose.  Don't wait!  Good luck!
I've had pretty much the same symptoms. For a couple days I thought it was just a strange virus, shrugged it off. Then on the third day god created day and ni- I felt really dizzy like I might pass out. I went to the hospital and went through triage, they checked my heart rate and blood pressure and everything checked out. Said that maybe I wasn't getting enough calories (I've been on a new diet) but, I thought that couldn't be seeing as how I had been on it for 3 or 4 months now. I waited a couple more days, symptoms stayed the same, I went downtown for a little bit and twice got very disoriented and had a sensation like I was sinking into the pavement, I rushed home and threw up (I had been drinking lot's of orange juice because the doctor said to keep drinking fluids) the next day I went to my family doctor and he said I have the flu... Dummy. So, I waited a couple more days (about a week since symptoms first began) but, still no flu symptoms. I began to get really upset over not knowing what was wrong and frustrated that the doctors couldn't tell me. I started hyperventilating and took on the symptoms of what seemed to be a stroke (numbness/tingling sensations in hands, face and chest. I lied down for awhile and tried to control my breathing. I called an ambulance worried that I may be in trouble. When the paramedics arrived the feeling almost immediately subsided (save for the strange out-of-my-mind feeling I'd had all week) they checked my heart rate, etc. Everything was normal.

I have since spoken with my mother and have discovered a severe hereditary anxiety disorder through out my family. Since my doctor is double-booked I have not yet seen him to confirm this is what I am feeling (awesome!) but, take comfort in the thought that it is nothing life threatening. Now, after about a week and a half the feeling is more annoying then frightening.
I have also had the same feeling of dizziness , pressure in the head, and feeling like I never fully have woken up in the morning which lasts all day.  Sometimes at night when i try to sleep as I start to fall asleep i will instantly jerk awake and cannot fall alseep afterward.  One time it kept me up from midnight till 7 in the morning and then I only went to sleep for 2 hours and was up again(talk about a ****** feeling all day).  I also go about the day feeling disoriented, and constantly feeling on edge no matter what I am doing. I take comfort in reading books but lately my focus isnt sharp and I find myself reading over parts to soak it in.  Also after reading the feeling of dizziness and disorientation is intensified. It also makes me not want to work and even not want to go hang out with friends or do anything fun just because I dont feel like myself and cannot enjoy what I am doing. So lately I've just been reading a lot, keeping to myself and relaxing in my free-time and it doesnt seem like I am getting any better.   These are all symptoms of depression, however I do not feel sad or worthless I only feel upset I cannot get back to feeling normal energized and focused.  I dont want to think it is a brain tumor either but its funny you mentioned that because that thought did cross my mind.  If anyone has any helpful comments I would greatly appreciate it.
I also have this strange feeling around the brain area,feeling of tiredness all around my head.I cannot concebtrate on work for long.the past 2weeks I feel absolutely healed but it the tiredness on my head started agai.This all started 2 months back when I was about to fall into sleep after work @ 3am in the morning,as i was falling into deep sleep somehting jerk or something strange just snaaped in my brain forcing me to wake.This happen evrytime i try to sleep.I was very sensitive to sound and there was starnge feeling all over my head.Now the sypmton is gone but the lightheadness and weak,tired feeling is still constant.I dont know what's wrong with me.
I have this same exact issue. Did you find out what was causing this? I am at wits end. The only thing I can add to your issues is I have a ringing in my ears all day ever day. Plus I have the symtoms (symptoms) all day everyday, and every once in a while I will feel normal.  

I have been to the DR and he has tried putting me on all kinds of drugs and I finally said I want to know what the problem is, not to just try and fix it with meds. I am going in for a MRI next week to see waht I can get done. Life is to hard to live right now...

Hope to find out if you found something!!!
I know how you all feel as i've been having these symptoms. I work as an Assistant In Nursing in hospitals so have found a few reasons why some of you mite have this issue. As for me i'm goin through a few processes. I've had this thing for 10 wks now and hav had enough. I woke up one night like i was hallucinating. I went to bed fine, no issues, then woke up and the feeling and intensity subsided but never fully went away. I find it extremely hard to sleep so have taken a natural hormone called Melatonin which ur brain creates to help sleep, this helped a little. i still wake numerous times during the night and hav to really battle to get back to sleep. there have been nights where i haven't slept at all. i constantly feel dizzy/slightly drunk. its a feeling that is really hard to explain. If im inside home and i look outside, everything seems to take a lot longer for my brain to process, i can see everything fine, nothing is blurry but not as fast as normal, like im a little drunk. Some of you guys/girls above may have something called Labrinthytus which is an inner ear infection, especially the person who said they hear ringing all day. they believe once u hav it they cant do anything to fix u. i dont believe this as i work with GP's and doctors all day but i still very much believe in Naturopathy. this stuff has worked well on me and numerous of my friends before. see an ENT specialist to confirm. Others above may have TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular Joint). Everyone has this joint. its in your jaw. however if u have a bad bite (dont think u dont cos i thought i had a perfect bite but was wrong) this can cause this joint to wear out and put pressure on ur jaw, neck and prevent sleep. now i dont necessarily get a saw neck or saw jaw all day but i do sometimes. u hav to go to an Orthodontist or TMJ specialist who will likely get u to have and OPG x-ray(of the mouth) to see. If so, they have a device called a SOMA (Splint Orthodontic Myofunctional Appliance) which corrects ur bite and relieves pressure off ur inner ear, back and neck and helps people sleep better) I'm havin this device installed in 2 wks and will definatley post back how the progress is going.Thyroid problems could also be affecting some of you above mentioned. I also notice that if im talking to someone and they're about 3+ feet away and im starring at them, they're faces seem to look smaller all of a sudden, like im a camera panning back but still at the same distance??? Whateva this is it seems to be affecting alot of younger people, im a 25 yr old male. we need to keep eachother posted. I pray this information helped some of you's. All the best
Im back again. its been a few weeks now and I am sleeping better. However, i do not believe it is because of the SOMA device i mentioned above. I went and saw a Kenesiologist. U can generally find these people working at a Chiropractor place. I saw her and mentioned what i had and she did a test with and found out that I have mercury poisoning. I started taking chlorophyll and slept better that night and have for the last 5 days. My twitching has subsided but is still there. not enough to stop me going to sleep at nigyht however. She mentioned to me that due to my mercury poisoning, most likely because of having anamel in my teeth as fillings from when i was younger, my brain is going to sleep quicker than my body is shutting down and therefore causing a twich. Whatever the reason i know im sleeping better. i would recommend trying a Kenisiologist. they are inexspensive, especially compared to getting an MRI or EEG for your brain. Having symptoms of dizzyness or feeling slightly drunk all day and not being able to sleep are unbarable. I know when ive been experiencing it all i wanted to do was die, but there is numerous places to check out. Exhaust all avenues first (especially the ones mentioned in above messages) and never give up. Life is precious. Please let me know people how u went. i will post back later. Poepl especially around the 20's should get this checked as we all got our teeth looked at by dentists in training when they came to school in their dentist vans and most likely applied anamel in our teeth. Check the effects of mercury poisoning on the net and see if they relate to any of you. All the best.
I have these symptoms, too. I wouldn't start taking those antidepressants just yet! Doctors love to tell you that it's "all in your head" and push medications like zoloft and lexapro on you. Make sure you really need antidepressants before you begin taking them, because when you stop taking them you are capable of many unwanted side effects! It sounds to me like one or three possibilities. It could be as simple as a sinus infection (you can get those without a runny nose and allergy-like problems), fibromyalgia (though it's difficult to get a doctor to diagnose you with this) or it could be stress. Are you under a lot of stress? Oh, and one other thing it could be is from lack of sleep. You'd be surprised of the impact it has on you when you don't get proper rest. Good luck!
i am 18 years old and 3 months ago gave birth to a berautifull little girl. ever since she was born i have been ill and 6 weeks ago i was diagnosed with labrinthytus.i was told it will go in about 7 weeks and it just seems to have got worse.  i am constantly dizzy and tired and for the past few days have been having a wierd feeling in my head which spreads to the top of my nose. only way i can describe it is its like my heads being sick mixed with brain freeze.also my feet feel funny like they're floaing. keep seeing black dots aswell as the occasional flash of light. only difference is that the worst of the feelings subside at night and i can sleep.can anyone help me? im lost. feel like im missing out on my daughters important first months and my fiance doesn't know what to do either. its hard as everyone assumes im fine cause i dont look ill. please help!!!
i haeve the same almost exact feeling, im 16 and i just dont know what to do. please if you find out what it is reply to me! Im worried sick about my problems. The only thing i can say is that when i run and play football it goes away. when im calm and thinking hard it comes back! I dont think there was a day where it has been gone for me!
wow i have a lot of those same symtpoms,followed by thoughts of death,hallucinating,anxiety,just not feeling like me anymore,my surroundings feel and look so different these days,im only 18,i feel that know one believes me,it started off about 4 years ago,of just getting minor anxiety attacks,as the years passed it progressed,thats when i started feeling very tired and just fatigue even tho i would get a good nights sleep,with that still going on I started hallucinating,i feel like im druged up everyday,i just alwaysy wonder when,ill finally feel sane again!WOW!ha i need to write a damn book!
hi there all those symptoms you have i started with these about five years ago a bit of shock of a family member dying brought the symptoms on worst and i had my illness diagnosed as LABRINTYTUS  a medical term for vertigo you should got to your doctors and ask for a test for vertigo you seem to have excatly the same as i suffer from time to time believe me if you dont get medication for this and it is vertigo it will get extremely worse get it under control quick it isnt a nice feeling its the dizzness and sleeping you are saying but 10 times worse and all the other symtoms (symptoms) you are saying but with the right medication it will be ok dont worry about it please just ask your doctor for test for this and see wot happens
I recommend lay off the medications. Eat healthy most of the time, and stay physically active when you can.  I suffered serious food sensitives for years. I finally got past it by eating whole/raw foods and taking enzymes. And I stopped eating out at crappy restaurants (especially chinese). Although lately I've been eating out again, and I get little relapses of my sensitives, but no where near as bad as before.

Also, I've never been one to take medication. It's horrible for your body. If you can live without meds, don't take them. I hardly ever take pain relief for headaches. Only if I'm having a pms headache (which is close to a migraine) will I take some otc headache medicine. It amazes me the amount of meds doctors prescribe to patients who don't know any better .... how on earth can someone be regularly taking more than one type of medicine .... at 20 years old? You sound like my old grand parents (now dead, rest their souls) who were loaded up on meds.  That will never be me.

This is great. Knowing that I'm not the only one with these exact feelings. I'm 21 years old. I sleep as soon as I get home from work everyday, at 3pm, for 3 or 4 hours. I have a constant pain in my head, not like a headache, just a tugging feeling. I'm aware of my sinuses all the time, they don't hurt but they tingle. Sometimes my ear starts to hurt for a bit, then goes away. My eyes get strained easily. I am generally weak. My job is a sedentary one, I sit down all day. I need to start exercising more. I take Centrum and aspirin for my heart, and glucosamine for my bad joints. I feel out of it, sometimes a bit dizzy and off balance, and have a hard time focusing (BAD at my job). Doctors say it's nothing. I constantly think "what is wrong with me?", "Is it brain cancer?", and "If it is, I won't do the chemo, just let me die already.". It is a very depressing disorder. I'm sure its a sinus infection, I think it could a different bacteria infecting my sinuses though, maybe MRSA. My lymph nodes on one side of the neck are also swollen. I though the one under my jaw near the ear was a tumor, but found out it wasnt. Hasn't grown, but its pretty firm. That's how I know it's an infection. I also get muscle twitches in random places. I need to get to the doctor soon, but believe me when I tell you, go to a good one, that likes what he does and won't try to rush you out. Tell him every symptom, demand his time, and give him suggestions as to what is wrong. Express a concern about cancer, tell him it runs in the family, something of that sort. Force the issue. I'll let you know how it turns out when I go in 2 weeks.
I dont know, my left ear has been stuffy for 2 years went to doc 2 years ago when it 1st started, and he sent me to the ENT. And hearing checked out fine. But until recently (about 2 weeks now) ive been experiencing major headaches with sharp pains, xtreme dizziness to the point walkin is difficult and now at the point i cant drive or go to work, also forgetting things a lot (such as stuff ill just do and forget), even have a weird sensation behind my left eye, as if it want to look cross eyed.  Ive been to ENT today ears check out fine, no ear infection, blockage, hearing is great, etc. He doesnt know what it is either he's recommending i see a Neurologist, which i am tomorrow. Ive been doing a lot of research and talkin to a lot of people and 9 times out of 10 people who are diagnosed with brain tumors is a week or 2 later when they get progressively worse. Me personally, I need and want to find out whats wrong asap, so if its something major I have better chances of correcting and or managing with it. As of now I cant function and i def need to work.
Im no doctor but from what i know , As far as brain tumor symptoms go it varies because everyone is different. Do not rule out the worse case, make sure u see every doc u can, and have all test done. (MRI's, Xrays, Cat Scans,) Thats what im doing. hopefully u feel better, and myself also.  Take care everyone.
If you are still concerned about a brain tumor ask your doc to do an MRI...My daughter had a consistant headach with her first bout of brain cancer at age 16 and the second one 15 years later she started having seziers.
Best of luck to you
ok please listen to this i am 18 take dizzy spells for the past six years i have been told numerous times it just low blood pressure yet at times it is fine i am always edgy and tired at the same time i cannot sleep more then five hours at a time i am healthier then most i have been told had ecg scans you name it done nothing seems to appear lquemia runs in one side of my family and not sure if this could be a sign anybody know anything that will get rid of these dam dizzy spells ?
HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR THYROID AT ALL? THERE HAS BEEN AN INCREDIBLE NUMBER OF PEOPLE SUFFERING FROM ISSUES THAT ARE RELATED TO THE THYROID AND THEY STRUGGLE WITH THEIR DOCTORS AND THEMSELVES LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION WITH NO HOPE IN SITE. THE PROBLEM IS THAT EVEN IF YOU CHECK FOR THYROID PROBLEMS THROUGH BLOOD WORK, THAT MOST OF THE TIME COMES BACK NORMAL. MY HUSBAND WENT THROUGH 2 YEARS OF ALL THE SAME SYMPTOMS. WE SEARCHED AND SEARCHED FOR A DIAGNOSIS. HE WAS TOLD THE SAME THINGS BY THE DOCTORS STRESS, STRESS, STRESS AND MEDICATION. IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A CONDITION THAT IS NOT NORMAL, I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM ALL MEDICATIONS SINCE THIS WILL ONLY HIDE WHAT COULD BE A SERIOUS CONDITION BESIDES MAKING THINKS WORSE. I WOULD SPEAK TO MY DOCTOR AND REQUEST TESTS THAT CAN PROVE THAT MY SYMPTOMS ARE NOT THYROID RELATED AND IF NOT THEN I WOULD SEE A CARDIOLOGIST DUE TO THE LACK OF OXYGEN, DIZZINESS AND INSOMNIA, JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE. GOOD LUCK

I have been experiencing similar symptoms. Recently visited a team of Neurologists. They ordered three MRI's and two MRA. Taking a look at the head and neck for nerve damage, vascular issue or cancer.  
One of the things the Neurologist sais is they want to rule out worst case, but sometimes these eposiode cannot be explained. Or the could simply be panic attacks.  As for the previous posts indicating a loss of sleep...one can experience a panic attach in the middle of the night, waking up and feeling terror. It was really interesting how my doctor described panic attacks and they various things they affect.

Here is my post to the Neurology group.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology/Dizziness--almost-blackout-and-pressure-on-right-side-of-the-head/show/1051960?personal_page_id=774909

i had the exact same thing last year, everything i just read i thought i was talking to myself. but things changed im all better, i dont know what it was i stoped taking the meds an it got better, the pills to make you feel better but slowly make you feel more slower more tired more dizzy basically More LAZY, i think you have to change the way you're living, maybe you work some where and you dont like it but you dont admit it to yourself, quit get anouther job, some thing different, i dont know, but it makes such a difference try some thing new, change some thing and then you'l change.. i quit my job and got another job and suddenly everything is better!! hope this helps(quitting is good for your health.....jke):D
Hello All,
I was looking back on my posting on October 23rd 2009 and I realize that during the time of all my medical visits and diagnosis I have failed to update the Medhelp online community.
I did see a cardiologist and any heart condition were ruled out.  I performed a stress test and continued to run on the treadmill well past the required length of time and I raised my heart rate well passed the required rate.  So, the heart is good.  
Then I had another ER visit with light headed dizziness, right ear pressure, sensation on the right side of the face, sensation on the top right of the head along with a slight bit of pressure on the top rear of the head.  I explained to the ER physician what was going on and he gave me and injection of Valium.  It was unexpected, but it seemed to work.  I was also advised to return to my Neurologist and discuss what was happening.
After visiting with my Neurologist he requested a series of scans,an MRI and MRA with contrast. At the same time he prescribed I was put on anti-seizure meds/anti – depressants, which did not stop any of the symptoms.  The MRI revealed that I have a never that “could” be agitated by the C5 area of my neck.  After reviewing the scans he requested physical therapy for the neck.   Two years ago I experienced a concussion, from an impact to the right side of my face and shoulder. I had to receive physical therapy on the shoulder and a cortisone injection into the shoulder. Since then I was fine until a few month later when wall of these symptoms started to appear. This is why I am here today.
There were days that I went into the physical therapy with all of my symptoms flared up and days when I only experienced ear pressure. The occasion right eye twitch would happen, however, symptoms didn’t worsen until we would go to work with the weights. The physical therapist would be able to relieve the pain just by turning the head to the right and tilting the chin towards the chest. She said she could tell that my symptoms were due to my neck muscles spasming. Eventually my Physical therapy ran out with my Insurance and it was time for me to continue on with my exorcises independently.  
While I was off on my own the symptoms were minimal, however, they gradually worsened. Today I was standing waiting for the Subway, when for the first time I experienced a massive episode. This time it was on the left side of my head.  All day my eyes were twitching and I felt extremely fatigue. Then at the end of my work day, I was hit with a major episode. My lungs even feel heavy like I have some type of respiratory condition.  The ear pressure and eye twitching was happening all day on both left and right (eye, ear). Then all of sudden it hit me.  The same sensations I was feeling back in October of 2009 were back, however, this time it was n the left side of my head.  The feeling is similar to being dropped in an Elevator, with the rush to the head, except local to the right side.  Then, I get confused and it takes me a little while to figure out what to do next. I even get shaky as if I was just in a fight and my tension levels are on massive overload.  I feel exhausted within in minutes after the episode, which can last for 30 seconds. Sometime I just want to lie down, but a lingering sensation resides on the top of the head. Similar to pin pricks. With the release of pressure in my ear, I feel as if fluid was pouring out of it and then a coolness or wet feeling takes place on the left side of my face.  I eventually got my bearings and headed home on the Subway.  There will even be a tenderness of the superficial temporal artery.
Now the only thing I noticed is that leading up to this day, I have had this light dry cough which is persistent. If I breathe very heavily I get sharp pains in the chest area and lower abdominal area, which feel closer to the surface of my skin as opposed to some deep internal organ under the ribcage. I also notice a varicose vein on the back of my left calve.  I’m starting to really wonder if this is indeed caused by the nerve being agitated on the C5 area of my neck and not vascular related. I would think that the MRA with contrast, would had shown a problem in that area.  There is another item that my Neurologist has suggested and that is to test the urine for Metanephrine and Catecholamines. He stated that some people experience these symptoms when there is a tumor present on the Adrenal Gland. We will figure out what the next step is depending upon the test results.
I’m very happy to see that this forum has found others with similar symptoms and that we don’t feel so alone in this process.
Thank You
Omg what the hell I got the same feeling like was there some kind of a chemical bomb that was set off on this side of the planet or what!! I have been experiencing dizziness for the last month and a half also slight pressure in my head and alot of tiredness basicly feeling weak and tired.All of the doctors are saying the same thing "Anxiety" I find this crap Im seeing doctors and they know nothing, How do i cope,I cant work and  I cant even function right.Today I woke up and feels like i just walked off a mary go round and the world wont stop spinning around me.I also have short term memory loss anyone else find themselves feeling that.I feel like my ears are deafing at times like I have water in them but doctors say i  have no signs of ear infection so im lost for words.
I hope theres an answer for all this but if it is life threatning do I really want to know would anyone one?
I have the exact same thing, all the symptoms.  Vertigo spell first followed by chronic dizziness, motion imbalance, headache, nausea, SEVERE anxiety for 2 months now. I had to be put on clonopan and prozac. I saw every doctor I could think of and my primary care doctor said it was depression. Its not!  I was finally diagnosed with labrynthitus, an inner ear inflamation (inflammation) that causes all of these thins, even depression and anxiety. I had to miss work, thought I was dying, went to the ER 5 times, this little infection can cause big symptoms, almost reflecting brain tumor symptoms.  It has many possible causes and will subside eventually unfortunatley sometimes after months and others have it more severe and or chriinically but there are treatments. Please google this for yourselves and you'll be amazed to see that most of you most likely have this. It took awhile to figure out but now I feel I am getting my life back and I hope everyone here can too.  Any symptoms like this should always be checked by a doctor just in case and if one doctor isnt quite giving you the diagnosis you think you have, see another. Doctors can be wrong they are only human. Labrynthitis, like many other conditions can be misdiagnosed or missed at first but is actually quite common.  Again, please look into it, I think it may help you. Best of health to all of you!
Man this is crazy how so many of us have the same exact symptoms...Ive tried switching my diet around and adding in more healthy substitues and vitamins and supplemnts and it seems to help a bit but i still have days i feel bad i also noticed certain foods trigger it so if anyone finds out anything let me know...

P.S I heard recently on the radio that tired eyes from sitting on the computer to long and eye strain can cause headaces and dizziness too...
i have had symptoms like diziness, feeling sick, pain on the right side of my head, also feels like to me that my right is slightly swollen compared to my left eye
thought it might diabetis a few weeks ago it wasnt
so went opticians i now need glasses for the first time
still gettin all the symptoms so went doctors last week and she made me do a choose and book and i gotta go hospital on monday 25th july in lancaster and im really scared im 17 and have a little boii i dont want to have anything worse
also i feel cold alot and my body feels weak like i cant think straigght im really scared HELP!!!!!
i been feeling lightheaded and my head hurts.
dude i had a sinus infection sun poisoning and an ear infection all happened in 1 day my throat started feeling wierd went to the pool came back starting getting chills 101 fever started dwent to doc next day got arithromicine fever went to 103 then started sweating went to 101 im 12 yrs old everyones talking about cancer but thing is for about 2months ive been having tearing in my eyes pain near my eye of on anywhere in my head i wouldnt say theyve gotten worse but i also have a feeling of dizziness soemtimes and its liek i dont know what to say like i have this stutter and i soemtimes twitch then i have this feelign like my head isnt even connected to my body hard to explain i have high blood presure just diagnosted and high cholesterol they said my cholesterol isnt so high that i need meds this all started after a panik attack i had then stool backed up in my intestines for 5days does anyone have the same symptoms and actually got diagnosed for soemthing it wud make me feel better
Well, this is odd. I am 15, && I have all these symprtoms. I am also on Enbrel && Methotrexate injections for my athritis. I can't sleep hardly, or either I can't get up. But, my body os.constantly tired. I've always had headaches && my dr said it was just sinuses, I also have jaw bone deteriatoon from athrotis in the jaw bones. I would feel 100% better of I fot a heade MRI, I mean, what would one more hurt? I'm in a lot of pain constantly, && I think my parents think i am faking sometimes. I can't even make ot to school hardly abynore. Any suggestions?
Everyone with dizziness or a feeling of instability, probably some nausea and fatigue please see U-tube videos on Epley's Maneuver and Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV).  Do the easy exercises and apply maneuver to yourself.  Best wishes.  You will probably be feeling better very soon.  Also, it may take several applications to get your crystals in your ear realigned properly.

Academic explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfgFLgYQFVQ or see Michigan Ear Institute

Directions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=7ZgUx9G0uEs

Dix’s Hallpike test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59EIKztATiw&feature=related
I have had a problem with dizziness for a very long time! I went to the chiropractor today and found out that i have vertigo due to my neck/back being out of line! I was also scared i had something scary wrong with me too.
What I noticed about what you described is that you are experiencing pretty much a less aggressive form of symptoms usually associated with smoking K-2 or spice. I myself have had an experience like that and quit smoking it immediately after. If this is the case, then admit to your doctor what you've done and get help. It can cause permanent brain damage and debilitating feelings of paranoia along with seizures lasting up to 12 hours, even after smoking it once and never touching it again. I am not saying that you have smoked it, all that I am saying is if you have, and you have these symptoms, you need a doctor.
I've had similar problems especially with fatigue.  I've had a few cases of dizziness.  For two months I have had some pressure on the top of my head, but it's not pain.  Along with that I have had severe fatigue.  I have seen several doctors and one ER visit, and all the tests so far came back normal.  My latest doc put me on meds for depression a week ago. The only real sign I have for depression is fatigue.  I sleep with a VPAP sleep machine and it's been tested and adjusted, and everything's fine.  I've done research, and the closest I can find is chronic fatigue syndrome.  It's so frustrating!
I was in a class today and I got up normally and all of a sudden I felt extreamy dizzy and about to pass out so I waited it out and drank some water then I went home and I'm still dizzy but don't feel sick? I've been dizzy for almost 6 hours now I'm a little scared could this be a symptom of some kind of cancer? I know my family has a past of cancer
I finally find someone with the ringing in the ears, being dizzy all day feeling like I just don't have the go abouts to do anything. Normally I am a very high strung person, and that is what scares me the most now to take my dog out to potty i am so unsure of my balance i take a cane out with me, i'm 45 and my 21 son is like mom are you ok. its not time for you to be walking with a cane, plus I am very emotional... if you would like to keep in touch, my doctor is doing test as well then please email me back at ***@****
thanks again Tracy in GA.
Thank god I am not the only one... I am 19 years old female with the EXACT same symptoms ever since I gave birth to my baby boy 4 months ago.. I am scared to death of sleeping  because I will wake up literally so dizzy and disoriented and I will feel as if my brain is sorta in a foggy state .. I walk around all day feeling like im drugged up.. I get those vibrations in my head and my stomach sometimes.. It really freaks me out. When I look around sometimes my eyes go side to side as if im bouta pass out and makes my vision shake... I have went to a ENT and they have ruled out a inner ear problem.. so I am very confused on what to do next... The doctor says I should go on and get the MRI but I dont have health insurance and the cost is really ridiculous... Please if anyone knows what it is please let me know . THANKS!
Im a bit further down the road on this one, im 38 and mine started about 2 years ago with the springing from deep sleep not being able to breath. that went on for a year. Then i started getting the dizzy hits!, i say hits because it hits you kind of the equalibrium just throws off all of a suddon, that mixed in with just a general weakness and disorientation. I thought it would just pass, but then it started happening during exercise prevented me from really pushing my self, especially with heavy weights. this made me think it was heart realated. My cardio is great, i can run a mile in 6.30 minutes but some times if i push my self too hard i get the dizzy hits. Then i started getting this like closed off throat, to where id have these  siezures in front of the tv or bright light monitors, that almost made me think i was going to swallow my tounge, untill the docotor told me it wasn't possible to do so. but a feeling of choking, not being able to swallow things well. Nerves are a mess too, shakes shudders, convultions. its very very worrying all the time. ive been and had CAT's and stuff, blood tests ect, the doctor told me it was anxiety realted, gave me xanax which really helped me with sleep, allthough its hard to get up for work after just half before bed, but it stops the waking up around 3 or so. Im too a dieter, living In Houston  your exposed to so much Garbage food, its very hard to work eat and sleep well. it could be diet or stalvation maybe. it just seems though ive lost my well being, unsure of my self dont feel solid in my step anymore, kind of Lame or Mental fog at times, makes you worry even more right?>.
I Too am very concerned about what is happening to me, its gotten to the stage where i think i may die from this, im almost expecting to die. This is effecting my well being and personality, maybe its in the Water? maybe its Fumes from the city, maybe its eating what we do eat? there has to be a lowest common denominator with all of us what is it we all do, Im from the UK and never had any of these medical problems. Maybe its just the effects of our Enviroment, stress, have you seen Houston Traffic for instance, its just a shower of **** of incompitance, even with my dizzy head i can still use a turn signal and a rear view mirror lolz.

Try and stay positive, live every day like its your last, dont wish your life away.

I wonder if this is it, my home life is stressfull, there's nothing round here but concrete and ignorance and alot of carbon monoxide, my marraige ***** my job is low paid...all this for a bit of sunshine..i just dont know anymore. Maybe its just Enviromental. i mean ive worryed before and stressed before, allot but never had these effects from stress, maybe we are all being drugged in the water supply? as  a far out radical thought, keep you dizzy.
i get thats rining in the ears too, spells, like if you had been slapped in the ear that bell noise. and the ballance thing is just a daily experience now, has been for over a year. very worrying.Maybe stress is the lowest common denominator here. but ive had stress before and its never effected me like this.
I have all the same simtoms and I'm 13. It's getting very annoying. Resently a close friend of mine who is really close lost there father. Yes I'm very stressed and my mother will not take me to my doctor. Is this really serious
My symptoms are pretty similar to some mentioned above. In January while doing a little shopping, I felt light headed. I put my items back and went into my car to sit for awhile. While there, my heart raced to the point where I wanted to throw up. My mouth was so dry I could not swallow. I could barely breathe. Finally, the ambulance came, administered oxygen, and by the time I got to the hospital, I was fine. I was told that I had anxiety and was prescribed Ativan.

Since then, I have been Experiencing horrible pain to the right side of my head. It lasts about ten seconds and then goes away but i have them everyday. That is usually followed by dizziness. Can someone please help me get some answers?
Hi Lyn242,

I think you may be suffering from anxiety, it comes in all forms including head pain. I suffer from it myself and went round in circles trying to find out what it was. Take a look at the anxietycentre.com they have a lot of useful information and I found myself ticking off a list of symptons. However I did worry myself into a frenzy about it and convinced myself something serious was wrong so I had an MRI scan and saw a neurologist, both of which were clear and after that my symptons started to wear off but flair up when I am stressed or tired but not to the same extent. It is worth looking in to anything that is worrying you or that you are stressed about this could be not helping your symptons. I myself had severe head pains, a wooshing sensation in my head, TMJ of the jaw, felt light headed and dizzy, heart palpitations, shivering muscles, and feeling like I was being pushed down from above all with severe fatigue. I also suffer from low blood pressure which doesnt help.

I think if you are worried you should get it checked out because the worry can make the symptons worse then once you are reassured it is nothing sinister then you can probably put it sown to anxiety. It is hard to explain to other people because you look fine on the outside.

Take care and think positive there is an answer out there.
I have the exact same symptoms and more , I have now been in bed because of these symptoms for over a month, I have been to the emergency room 4 times, once by ambulance and they have told me every time that it is severe anxiety. I havent got to see my doctor yet because he is booked. I finally have an appointment in a week from now. I have taken all the medications that they have given me and nothing has worked...Adarax 50 mgs, flexaril 10 mgs, zoloft 25 and 50 mgs, and lorazepam, so if it is anxiety, its a super duper form that medication wont fix lol......I hope you get to feeling better
i have been having the same symptoms for over a month - dizziness - fatigue - get very tired and sleepy suddenly - trouble breathing and anxiety etc  - also sleep for two hours then wake up with a sudden jerk as if startled -
i have considered the recent news about arsenic in rice and during the past year or so - in order to try to help my digestive problems i have been eating a lot of rice - a cup a day quite often - i am thinking it is arsenic poisoning - i looked up the way to help and it looks like chelation and detox are possible

http://www.ehow.com/how_5008712_detox-arsenic-body.html
previously i said i have had the symptoms for over a month - i remember now that i had them since several months ago but they were not as severe and didn't last as long
just today i am noticing something new - very sharp fast electrical feeling type pain on the right side of my neck - it only happened about 5 times but it is like nothing i have ever felt before - not like a cramp - it feels like electric or burning shock that is very fast
I have been having similar problems as well. Pressure behind my face and all over my head. Dizziness, but not like I am going to pass out. It screws up my vision for a second and it makes me feel "funny". The headaches all over and are constant. I do have constant GI issues and I had to see a Cardiologist because my heart would randomly go tachycardic and my blood pressure would go to dangerous levels. I hit a new high score a little over a month ago with 210/140. It was not fun. Here is the kicker. I am 27 and I have had the Brain MRI, Neck MRI, cardiogram, more blood work than you can shake a stick at, a urine test to see if I have an Adrenal tumor and my doctors cannot find out what is wrong. My liver does screw up randomly also. While with my heart problems I can admit anxioudy can be involved from time to time the dizziness, fatigue, headaches, pressure, and so on cannot seem to be controlled with meds or discipline. Clearatine does not help it. My beta blocker for my heart does keep my heart in much better check but does nothing to help. Anti anxiody meds do not seem to help  I am going to keep plucking away at this until they figure it out. Has anyone else been having a problem where you are just laying there watching a movie not really thinking of much but you get short of breath and you feel like your body is forgetting to breath so you take in that large breath? That has been happening a lot over the last two weeks. About when the headaches and all of that came back with a vengeance.
wonder if all the medications you are on are interacting with each other? have you checked with your pharmacist? if more than one doc is prescribing they don't always check with each other so your pharmacist can tell you about any possible interactions or you could check it yourself on line at something like medications.com
hi got about same thing ive been feelig dizzy for like 2yrs someday is better  but somedays is pretty bad ears plugup pressure in my head like a freezer burn it scares me like do i have a brain tumor or what ive been to many doctors blood works comes back normal ive had like 3 ct test done comes back normal can it be anxiety
Is your brother still alive? How is he doing?
what did they find out from your MRI?
how is your daughter? is she cancer free now?
What were your results?
What did your diagnosis end up being?
i am having alot of the same symptoms have went to the doctor and she ordered an mri but i am getting a second opinion. i also have a horrible headache localized on my left side, dizzyish all day long, just feel out if it like I drank a lot of alcohol the night before and I have what feels like an involuntary head twitch, my vision sometimes shakes and am finding it hard to focus, neck aches and pain if you push hard in some spots, lightheaded-ness, sometimes ears feel clogged and sometimes have ringing and slight pain in left ear.
I have almost the same symptoms. I started out with lightheadedness about 8 yrs ago all kunds of test for heart and eveything else they started to get worse and on my last mri it showed i had stenosis in my neck and my dr told me that it can cause all my symptoms. So i am now in pt to see if it helps. It kind of does make sence cuz if i move my head a certian way i start to get a little light headed but 2 times now when a sleep if u sleep with my head in a strange way i get dizzy and after moving a bit it seems to get better.
Did you find out what the issue was? I have the a similar experience and see flashes of black dots with occasional flash of white light. And feel really dizzy when I yawn. Desperately looing for an answer to this!!
I have the exact same thing! I have a vision test( I cannot see things up close anymore) and an mri scheduled next month. It feels like I am drunk but I don't drink. I hope all works out for you.
I just read your post and recognize some of your symptoms as my own. For almost four weeks I have experienced dizziness; however, it's not to the point that I can't walk. I've also had a slight headache but OTC meds took care of it. The ear pressure you mentioned has been my consistent complaint. I saw my ENT (I am a chronic sinusitis sufferer)  who said there's no fluid in my ears nor any sign of infection. My next step is to see my primary care doctor. I am wondering what were the results of your scans and/or MRI.  Thanks for sharing and I hope all is well with your health.