Cancer Community
Do you think i have lung cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Do you think i have lung cancer?

im a 15 year old girl and have been smoking 2 years i now realize how bad it is, so im going to stop. i have never smoked more than 5 cigarettes a day, for the past month  i have been having chest pain EVERY single day.. it hurts, and i run out of breath very fast. i don't cough alot, but sometimes i do. it hurts mostly when i breathe, and some times i get a raging heartbeat.. and it makes my neck, back, and left arm/shoulder hurt. any ideas? please help! SOMETIMES i get a LITTLE  relief when i burp. do you think i have lung cancer? it hurts ALL day EVERYDAY!
I would doubt that you have lung cancer now... you are young and have only been smoking for 2 years... that is awesome that you are quiting be strong and dont give into the cravings!!!! get some packs of gum or candy to have when you feel like you need a smoke... for your chest pain you need to be evaluated by your dr
The answer to your question is that your chance of having lung cancer (as primary cancer) is very remote at your age.

However, that doesn't mean you should ignore these symptoms. A trip to the doctor will either put your mind completely at ease or will give you a needed treatment.
Doubt this is any Lung CA based on the symptoms and your age.  

I would recommend getting a chest xray if this persist.  

I am sure this is NOTHING serious.  

Have you seen a physician at all?