Cancer Community
Does laparoscopy hurt afterwards

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Does laparoscopy hurt afterwards

After you have the laparoscopy; is it so painful that I'll need pain meds. or is it just uncomfortable? My doc is talking about doing this and I'm getting nervous.
Thanks,
Jen

You should discuss the procedure in detail withyour surgeon so that you feel less anxious and more reassured.

You would feel discomfort, but the possibility of having a little pain cannot be ruled out. You could take some OTC pain relief medications if required.

Let us know if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I'm getting a bit nervous. I go in Monday to find out if I need to have laparoscopy.
Thanks,
Jen

Glad the post was of some help to you.

You should just relax and discuss all the details with your doctor.

What symptoms are you having and what investigations have been done?

Let us know about how your appointment with the doctor goes. You could also post any query that you have here.

Let us know about how you are doing.

Regards.
U should feel uncomfortable u might need a few pain tablets but u will be fine
hi ppl can the patients will to do a laparoscopy? in my country  (area) it is only recomanded by the doctor, if they think you have cancer they'll do it if according to them you are healthy (to the tests blood tests and their physical examination) they will think!
if anyone had an experiance of doing a lap by his own will (just compelling the doctor to do it) - i would like to know because lately i have feeling like a lump (gass type) in my abdomin (abdomen) in the form of abdominal fullness, the doctor performed a physical examination and abdominal ultrasound but found no lumps... i read in some site that cancer can be missed and only a biopsy can tell if cancer is present not even a ct, now a laparoscopy is done for this purpose to collect biopsies...so i think this is the only way to detect tumours of the abdomin (abdomen) and pelvis...or i'm wrong? help! i have had various scans of the abdomin (abdomen) although not ct, coz i don't like radiation...
If you are having gas and fullness push for the lap you may have nasty cysts on your ovaries.  Mine didn't show on two different ultrasounds.  I was lucky enough to have a doc who wanted to check it out.  Sure enough a cyst the size of a grape was hidden behind the ovary near the rectum causing all kinds of heck and discomfort.  I had gas, fullness and swelling that would occur.  Sometimes I had soreness just sitting or walking.  They fixed it during the lap procedure.  Remember, ultrasounds are not terribly reliable in these matters, but you know your body.

Best wishes,
Crystal