Cancer Community
Does this point to cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Does this point to cancer

Hi. I'm beginning to become very concerned. I am a 21 yo female About three  weeks ago I noticed a pea sized lump behind my left ear, it doesn't hurt and doesn't really move. It has gotten a little bigger since then. After I found that lump I noticed that I had another one on the back of my head, half on my head and half on my neck. It's about the size of a dime, it has stayed the same. It doesn't hurt or move.
About a week later I was bending down and noticed a lump in the crease of my left leg between the groin and leg. It was the size and shape of a snap pea (the ones in the shell) but that one has gotten much bigger and is really hard.
I have another lump with the same description as the one in the groin on my right arm (the thumb side) where my elbow bends. And one on the left side a little further down on my forearm.

Last week i ended up in the ER because of bad back spasms, it turned out to be a UTI they put me on bactrim for 10 days I am on my last day. At the time I had a drs appointment for the following day about my lymph nodes but they told me to cancel it too see it the bactrim cleared it up. I am on my last day of the medicine and since I have started I have found the nodes on my arm and the groin has grown bigger.

I am just in need of some advice as to where I should start because I do not have insurance and I am a college student.
Hi!
What you have are probably swollen lymph nodes across multiple areas or generalized lymphadenopathy. This can be due to viral infections such as mono or EBV or cytomegalovirus or due to bacterial infections like TB.  HIV or AIDS, leukemia, lymphomas and other cancers can also be a cause. This could also be due to inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis. It is difficult to determine the cause on net. This is not something you should ignore. Please consult your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
I have been to the dr. She tested me for mono/ebv all came back negative and cbcs were normal. She put me on azithromycin and I will see her Tuesday and she  will decide if she wants to send me to hematologist