Cancer Community
EYE REPLACEMENT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

EYE REPLACEMENT

i had my eye removed when i was a baby because of cancer,am 22 years old now,can i have another eye replaced?
Hi!
I am sorry, but eye replacement is not a reality today. Only the cornea of the eye can be replaced. You can however, get an artificial eye which looks like the normal eye but will not give vision. Please discuss with an eye specialist in your area. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.