Endometrial hyperplsia, stripe at 1.6cm 2 years after ablation
Recently I had an ultra-sound because of pain and bleeding every other week. Had an ablation over 2 years ago and everything was ok until 4 months ago when bleeding and pain began. If the existing fibroid has grown and there is apparent thickening of the endometrial strip of 1.6cm does this mean I have cancer? I have to wait 3 weeks to get a biopsy and I am so scared.
What other symptoms are present? I understand your concern regarding this and it is indeed difficult to wait for a couple of weeks before the biopsy and it s result is out. There are many factors to consider in evaluating the appearance as well as the thickness of the endometrium . This include the age of patient, whether reproductive age or post-menopausal; and if of reproductive age, at what point in the menstrual cycle they are examined.  It is best that you discuss the results with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.