Cancer Community
Enlarged Mesenteric Lymph Nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Enlarged Mesenteric Lymph Nodes

I am a 56 year old female that has had several PET/CT scans over the past 2 years.  Docs have been watching multiple enlarged mesenteric lymph nodes over this time (subcentimeter in size).  I recently had another scan done and the lymph nodes have increased in size (don't know exactly how much yet - report on its way to me).  Dr suggesting possible lymphoma.  Is this the only diagnosis for enlarged mesenteric lymph nodes and if so what should I expect for the future?
Hi there!

Though this is not the only diagnosis for enlarged mesentric lymphnodes and there are several benign causes that outnumber the cancerous etiology; malignancy is the most lethal, that would require quick action and unless a definite diagnosis is established, larger nodes, especially those with radiological features of a malignancy would empirically need to be treated like one.
Hope this information helps.

Take care!
Thank you for your feedback.  I have an appt with Hillman Cancer Center in Pittsburgh, PA  this coming Friday.  Hopefully they will be able to identify my problem and get it taken care of.
Did you ever get answers to this?
As of this date - no.  I have had a number of PET/CT scans but everything is pretty much the same.  Some slight differences in size of certain lymph nodes.  Going for another PET/CT scan on Friday.  I hope after all this time they have disappeared.  I have been praying real hard for this to happen.  I believe in miracles.
please be cautious in the number of CT scans you receive. while they are looking for cancer, they are also increasing your risks for it too. every 4 CT tests are equal to the same amount of radiation survivors of Hiroshima got. please be careful.