Cancer Community
Enlarged parotid and neck lymph nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Enlarged parotid and neck lymph nodes

I'm a reasonably healthy 17 year old and I've had swollen lymph nodes in my lower neck (right side, posterior cervical) for several months (more than 2 for sure). I've recently discovered another swollen slightly enlarged node behind my right ear, in the parotid region, which in the past has felt enlarged before, however it may have been a pimple. The node has been swollen for a few weeks, directly behind the bottom of my earlobe (maybe a centimeter lower) and is definitely firm. Obviously having enlarged nodes for a long time is worrisome so i've been monitoring my weight for a bit. I've been about 160 (a week ago) which pretty much matches my weight when i first went to the doctor about the nodes in my neck. She brushed them off as nothing but once again i am worried. Would this be a reason to go to the doctor again? I'd rather not but i don't want to take any chances as my father died of pancreatic cancer. Any advice is welcome.