Cancer Community
Ewing Sarcoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Ewing Sarcoma

I have an aunt that has ewing sarcoma she is located in Mexico at this moment but she does have a permit to come to the US.  She needs a complicated surgery that the doctors that are treating her for cancer have never done. I would be please if anyone had any imformation that they can give me about any program or any kind of help that can be provided for her. Even though the cancer she obtains is ewing sarcoma it's not located in her bones this is one of the reasons why it's so complicated her condition is rare.Please get back to me as soon as possible.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  May I ask where in your aunt's body is the tumor located?  The usual procedure for treating Ewing's sarcoma for any part of the body is to do chemotherapy first for 12-24 weeks prior to the surgery in the hope of reducing the size of the tumor and making the surgery less complicated.  Maybe your aunt's doctors should consider this option first before attempting any surgery.  I strongly suggest that she seek a second opinion with an oncologist before agreeing to any procedure.
My aunts tumor is located between the bladder and the kidney.  My aunt already had chemotherapy that is why she needs the surgery.