Cancer Community
Extreme Bone Pain (Chronic) - Abnormal blood tests

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I really could use some help. I am 23 years old and I have been experiencing really bad bone pain for the past year and have gone undiagnosed. For most of the year my only problems in my blood test were high inflammation rates on my SED and C-Reactive Protein. The highest my SED rate has gotten was in the 60's. 3 weeks ago it was 37. My c-reactive protein is also elevated at 2.65. There have been new changes recently in my blood work and Protein Electrophoresis and Total Protein, Random (Urine).

For my blood work my Potassium is low at 3.4. Total Protein is high at 8.3 and Globulin is high at 4.1. My platelet count is also high at 458. Everything else was normal for blood work.

For the Protein Electrophoresis and Total Protein, Random (Urine). I had high levels of Creatinine. The normal range is 20-320 and mine is 447 mg/dL Then there are 2 Protein, Total, Random UR numbers. One is in the normal range of 21-161 mg/g creat and the the other is high. The range for the second one is 5-24 mg/dL and it was 28. Here are the percentages of proteins in my urine. Albumin 65% , Alpha-1-Globulins 1%, Alpha-2-globulins 11%, Beta Globulins is 13% and Gamma Globulins is 9%

There was also a note that there was a "possible abnormal protein band detected in the Beta Globulins. This band may represent Beta-2 Microglobulin, Monoclonal Immnoglobulin or Free Light Chain (Bence-Jones Protein). Immunofixation analysis is available is clinically indicated."

My doctor said she looked at them and nothing popped up for her. She wasn't concerned. I have a hard time believing this because these are new changes. I only had the high inflammation rates before.

Please, please help me... Advice, anything would be wonderful. What's wrong with me??? My bone pain is so bad. It is in my knee, elbows, neck, and back. I have really high inflammation in my body to the point it hurts to be touched and I am so tired all the time. Please, point me in some kind of direction.. this is ruining my life.

If it helps I have had negative tests for Histone AB, Anachoice Screen, SM Antibody and SM/RNP Antibody as well as DNA (DS) Antibody.
I suggest you tell your doctor if you could haven a total Bone Scan. This looks at all your
bones for inflammation or build up. I had one for my bone pain and found out I have very Bad Arthritis in some areas. Doctors are busy, and some times you need to take the initiative. Best of luck. I'll pray for you.

Ron