Cancer Community
Fatigue and Chronic lymphesytic Leukemia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I have had chronic lymhoceytic leukemia pursuant to agent orange exposure in Vietnam. It was only recognized recently and is supposedly stage one. My question concerns fatigue. I am very active, going to the gym for strength traiining and aerobics 3 days a week and playing softball  2 times a week.
My problem is fatigue, I am wiped out after these activities and sleep most of the rest of the day. Sometimes I will sleep a whole day especially on weekends.
Am Icrazy or is this a part of this disease??
Ron
Avatar n tn
Hi.
Your fatigue can be caused by too much exercise, anemia secondary to your chronic lymphocytic leukemia,  or secondary to treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia if you are currently undergoing treatment.
It is best to have yourself seen by your physician for possible blood examination like complete blood count as anemia is a common cause of fatigue in patients with hematologic malignancy.
Good luck.
Thanks for the info!
Ron