Fixed, bone-hard lymph node on the back of my skull. Painless.
I discovered the lumps about a week ago.  No change since then. I'm a 31 year old female. 5'7" Currently 117lbs. I went to my regular doctor and he said it appeared to be a lymph node & prescribed antibiotics for whatever "infection" may have to cause it to be swollen. Said if it didn't go away I need to get it biopsied. My foremost concern is cancer. I am a single mother of 3 kids. I don't know how I'd cope. I often get hair follicle cysts since I was a child. But this lump is different. Its a large pea size but not so round, and it does not move at all. It is not rubbery in consistancy. I haven't had a cold or infection. Its located in the back of my head over the left occipital lobe area. Also, below this... where my left neck muscle meets my skull there is a much smaller moveable lump that feels slightly embedded into the muscle.
I have lost 30 lbs over the last year after my bowel surgery a year ago to remove a section of colon that had burst open from bad diverticulitis. I continue to lose weight but I also suffer from what I believe could be gall bladder issues. Loss of appetite, gas when I eat, headaches, fatigue, pain in upper-right ab after eating, constipation. I also have chronic neck & shoulder pain. Sometimes severe. Maybe related?
I'm stressing. I want to know what to expect realistically. I also have severe nausea after eating and when I get up in the morning. (no chance of pregnancy) and I will dry heave and vomit a few times a week. seems more & more frequent. Hoping someone can shed some light on these symptoms. I was a healthy girl until a year ago. No surgeries or ailments.
Hi there!

With the description this does sound like a lymphnode probably benign. I would agree with your doctor to complete a course of antibiotics and if there is no change in the lumps, we can go ahead with other investigations such as the biopsy to make a confirmatory diagnosis.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!