Cancer Community
Fixed, bone-hard lymph node on the back of my skull. Painless.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I discovered the lumps about a week ago.  No change since then. I'm a 31 year old female. 5'7" Currently 117lbs. I went to my regular doctor and he said it appeared to be a lymph node & prescribed antibiotics for whatever "infection" may have to cause it to be swollen. Said if it didn't go away I need to get it biopsied. My foremost concern is cancer. I am a single mother of 3 kids. I don't know how I'd cope. I often get hair follicle cysts since I was a child. But this lump is different. Its a large pea size but not so round, and it does not move at all. It is not rubbery in consistancy. I haven't had a cold or infection. Its located in the back of my head over the left occipital lobe area. Also, below this... where my left neck muscle meets my skull there is a much smaller moveable lump that feels slightly embedded into the muscle.
I have lost 30 lbs over the last year after my bowel surgery a year ago to remove a section of colon that had burst open from bad diverticulitis. I continue to lose weight but I also suffer from what I believe could be gall bladder issues. Loss of appetite, gas when I eat, headaches, fatigue, pain in upper-right ab after eating, constipation. I also have chronic neck & shoulder pain. Sometimes severe. Maybe related?
I'm stressing. I want to know what to expect realistically. I also have severe nausea after eating and when I get up in the morning. (no chance of pregnancy) and I will dry heave and vomit a few times a week. seems more & more frequent. Hoping someone can shed some light on these symptoms. I was a healthy girl until a year ago. No surgeries or ailments.
Hi there!

With the description this does sound like a lymphnode probably benign. I would agree with your doctor to complete a course of antibiotics and if there is no change in the lumps, we can go ahead with other investigations such as the biopsy to make a confirmatory diagnosis.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!