Good Food for for Chemo Patients
Me again,

I'm doing research on best foods but I'm a fan of getting input from those who know rather than those trying to sell me.  Any suggestions on what best to keep in the house at all times would be helpful.

Thanks again!
Chemo sometimes affects the taste buds, so new foods are sometimes more palatable since you don't have an expectation of what they are 'supposed' to taste like.  The key is to keep up the intake of calories at this point.  Found good quality tv dinners and meal replacement shakes (eg Ensure) could fill the gap.  My husband left chocolate all over the house to entice me to eat - not good nutrition, but again, at this stage, it's more important to keep the calories up.  Good luck.
exactly as above
Avocados are great - lots of good fat and fiber.  I drank a lot of hot chocolate when nothing else tasted right and I needed calories.  Yogurt smoothies are also good.  I could almost always eat chicken - the rotissire chickens at the supermarket deli are delicious and convenient when you are too tired to cook.  Raw almonds make a good snack, again they have good fat and fiber.

Eat whatever you can.  Sometimes its hard to eat at all but you need to ingest calories.  Good luck.