Hair loss due to Chemo
After your hair begins to come back, how long does it usually take before you can say I have hair. I will not go without a wig until I can say that and was wondering if someone could give me some answers. Also the product Nioxin, does it really work to help promote healthy hair growth and does it help your hair to come in faster than it would with just a regural shampoo and conditioner.
thanks
elaine
My mom's hair started to grow back immediately after her chemotheraphy ended which was in late September. After about the 2 month period, her hair growth looked kind of "punked out." You know, that shortly cropped, spikey look. An almost fashionable, hip look for a younger person; but a bit funny looking, yet cute, on an 80 year old woman. Now, after 3 months, her hair has fillled out nicely... to the point where she no longer has the "having undergone chemothereaphy" hair loss look. Her hair has grown back wavier than it originally was; and there's new hair growth in areas of her scalp that had been thinning (balding) during the past several years. So, if your like my mom, at 3 months, you could probably say... "I have hair."