Cancer Community
Hard, painless oblong lump under skin on calf
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hard, painless oblong lump under skin on calf

My boyfriend showed me a hard, oblong lump underneath the skin of his leg near the calf area. I am very concerned because I have no idea what it is or if it is cancerous. He is turning twenty one next month and I don't want him worried before his birthday or really stressing out ( he has anxiety issues) but I really think this needs immediate medical attention. There is no pain or swelling around it and it is not noticeable at all unless you touch it. He has another lump just like it on his other leg but no others anywhere else on his body. I am so worried for him because he has had these for about a year I am assuming. What do you think this could be and should I be worried? I am going to try and get him to see a doctor as soon as possible it is just hard because we are a young couple ( 19 and 20) pretty much living on our own and he is not insured. I am hoping my doctor that I always see under my parents insurance will see him for cheaper or free since I have been going there for years and this is serious. Please give me some advice this is the love of my life and I am scared to death.
jennifer