Hard Lump in Left Hand
I'm a 23 year old male, and I've been in training for the Army since October, and about a month or two ago I noticed a hard lump forming in my left hand.  It tracks the movement of my left index finger and sits about an inch below the knuckle when my fist is clenched and around the wrist when my fingers are extended.  I've been hearing that it could be anything from a cyst to a tumor, I was wondering if anyone here had anymore information to add that may be helpful.  I will consult a doctor next week when I have more time, until then, however, I'm just looking for some more information.

Thank you.
I have had a lump in my right had.  I injured it and the lump just popped up.  Doc says nothing showed on x-ray.  After 2 years, it began to reduce in size.  My grandmother has a large lump on her hand as well.  In her case, it is the cyst you mentioned in your post (sorry that I can't think of the name just now).  She can have it removed, but opted not to.  It doesn't really cause her any pain, but it looks like it would.  The appearance is probably worse than anything.  Hope this helps to put your mind at ease.  

We are a military family and come from military families... don't let them blow you off.  Make sure you aggressively get the answers that you need to have peace.  Thank you for your service and God bless!!
You probably have a ganglion cyst in your index finger tendon. Your doc should be able to tell just by looking at it.
Good luck in your training.
I think it sounds like a ganglion cyst, too, but a doc could definately diagnose that for you.  I've had one in my wrist for years and they don't operate on them unless you have a lot of pain, or other complications.  Good luck!
im 12 and i just noticed a lump forming on my right hand too.
I have a ganglion cyst on my right wrist, i have show to doctor and they said you can remove it with the aspiration, but i am afraid because i heard it can be come, so i cant do aspiration every time they and there is many risk with joints so i have decided i dont do the any treatment to it, but i want to know if i am not operate it could
it could change to be cancer i am very worried about it.