Cancer Community
Hard Lump in Neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Hard Lump in Neck

Okay, so I have what feels like a fairly large, hard (small grape), immobile lump on the right side of my neck. It's been there for at least 8 years or so.
It is under the ear, in the neck, under the neck muscle, not visible at all, feels like it might be attached to the base of the skull, but can't really tell.

I am wondering if it is normal. It feels like bone and after reading up on the base of the skull, it looks to me like it could be what they refer to as the "mastoid process". I also feel like I have something similar on the left side, but it feels like it is deeper in the neck on that side, so I can't feel it too well.

I am 31, female, don't smoke, live a pretty healthy life and otherwise I am also healthy as far as I know. I am getting my physical in a few weeks and will point it out to my doctor, but I am now kind of freaking out about this and wonder if it may be normal and everyone has these?
Tags: mastoid, lump, Neck