Cancer Community
Hard Small Lumps on Forehead

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Hard Small Lumps on Forehead

Hi, my mother has developed some small lumps on her forehead under her skin - about 3 of them over the past couple of months and they're continuing to grow with one of them growing to be about 1cm.

It's not noticeable from the outside, but you can feel it and it feels hard, kind of like it's part of her skull... We went to a doctor and got an MRI and didn't find anything, but the bumps/lumps are continuing to grow. Is the MRI the right kind of scan to determine the cause or what it is? She has not bumped her head and these just appeared one day and they don't hurt. My questions are: #1 What kind of doctor should we see for this? #2 Could it be cancerous? #3 The doctor we saw recommended going surgical to find out what's under the skin, but is that necessary? Is that the next step?
Sorry, I wanted to add to this after confirming some details - the lumps have actually been there for more than a year and the MRI results showed that it wasn't a part of the bone but it's something hard, so it could be hard tissue? Our biggest worry is that it could be a cancerous tumor? It has grown considerably since the last time she checked on it, which was December of last year and one of the lumps is round and you can noticeably feel it and it has grown to be almost 2cms.
I agree with your doctor....I think you need to have it surgically removed and biopsied to really know what is going on.