Cancer Community
Hard growth on scalp

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Hard growth on scalp

I have had a bump on my head since the age of 8, I am currently 18. I never thought anything of it until I recently realized that it has become significantly larger. It is about the size of a pencil eraser, in both height and width. It is rock hard and I have experienced no pain from the bump directly. However, since about the age of 13 I have been experiencing outrageous headaches, which I believe to have been migraines. I feel nauseous and am sensitive to light and sound. I experienced them at least once a month and they have always been centered around my left eyeball (the bump is located on the left side of my scalp about an inch and a half behind my hairline, directly in line with my left eyeball). For about the past week I have been experiencing an awful headache every day and have had a feeling of a sort of sore spot on my left temple for the past 6 days. When I touch it i get a the sensation of touching a bruise, however the feeling does not come from the skin/bone area...it feels as if the pain is coming from within my head. I am not sure who to go to in order to get this checked; dermatologist, family doctor, do I need an MRI, etc. I have Medicaid until August so I need to get this done quickly...I was also hoping that someone from here would tell me if they feel if this is a sort of tumor or cancer...

Did you get any help regarding this issue? I have a friend who is going through the same thing as you. Could you help me to understand what it is?