Hard growth on scalp
I have had a bump on my head since the age of 8, I am currently 18. I never thought anything of it until I recently realized that it has become significantly larger. It is about the size of a pencil eraser, in both height and width. It is rock hard and I have experienced no pain from the bump directly. However, since about the age of 13 I have been experiencing outrageous headaches, which I believe to have been migraines. I feel nauseous and am sensitive to light and sound. I experienced them at least once a month and they have always been centered around my left eyeball (the bump is located on the left side of my scalp about an inch and a half behind my hairline, directly in line with my left eyeball). For about the past week I have been experiencing an awful headache every day and have had a feeling of a sort of sore spot on my left temple for the past 6 days. When I touch it i get a the sensation of touching a bruise, however the feeling does not come from the skin/bone area...it feels as if the pain is coming from within my head. I am not sure who to go to in order to get this checked; dermatologist, family doctor, do I need an MRI, etc. I have Medicaid until August so I need to get this done quickly...I was also hoping that someone from here would tell me if they feel if this is a sort of tumor or cancer...

Did you get any help regarding this issue? I have a friend who is going through the same thing as you. Could you help me to understand what it is?